Chapter 6. The True Problems-Part 2

The next day

-Hey Cody!

-..........

-Cody?

-Oh, Frankie!

-Hi, what were you thinking about?

-Is nothing, don't worry.

-Are you sure? You looked very worried... Is anything wrong?

-Don't worry! Everything is right.

-Ok, like you say.

They entered the school, but one thing Cody didn't know was that in class they would talk about the incident of Mystery Club.

-HOW DO YOU DARE TO TALK ABOUT THEM IN THAT WAY!!!!! THEY DON'T HAVE THE FAULT OF THAT INCIDENT!!!!!- yelled Cody to his teacher with all his strength.

-CODY BURNS!!! GO TO THE DIRECTOR IMMEDIATELY!!!

Cody never shouted to any of his teachers, Frankie was in shock. It was the first time she saw her friend like that.

Cody was sitting at the principal's office, waiting for his father to come and talk with the teacher and the director.
He was angry because of that his teacher said about Mystery Club. "This incident is an example of what you better don't do. Don't keep secrets like that from others. If not, you will end up like this group did." This words sounded every second in Cody's head. He had his arms crossed and he wasn't looking at the principal who was writing something. While Charlie (Cody's father) was talking with the director, Cody was waiting outside. Then, they went home. Cody didn't say anything while they were going home.

Everyone was at home, but they didn't know anything about what happened.
They entered the firehouse:

-Dad, is that you?

-Not just me.

Graham, Kade and Dani went to see what their father meant:

-What happened?! Why is Cody at home?

Cody didn't respond to that, he was still angry and rapidly went to his room.

-*sights* Let's go to the kitchen, I will tell you what happened.

The siblings shared faces of curiosity and misunderstanding.
Charlie told them all he knew about that situation.

-Why Cody shouted to his teacher? Even if he didn't think the same as his teachers, he always reflexed about the different opinions. But he never shouted.- said Graham.

-That is the point, Cody didn't answer when I asked him something. He didn't say a word, there wasn't any sound from his lips.

-At Cody's room-

Cody was sobbing with his head on his knees.  He didn't understand the need to criticize.  But he still had a question."Why Jessica came to Doc's laboratory on Wednesday?"

•Flashback•

Cody and Frankie were playing basketball at the playground behind Doctor Green's laboratory. Soon, Frankie's father came and said that there is one person he is waiting for, so they had to be  in silence and behave well. The kids behaved, but when that secret person leaved, they saw her:

-Jessica???....-whispered  Cody.

-Did you say something ?

-No, I didn't !

-🤨(Frankie's face) Ok, is she holding a hoverboard?

-It might be.

·End of flashback·