Chapter 7. Anger of Truth

Cody went back home. It was getting late. He started to feel nervous. He knew that if someone of his family seen him out of his room, it would be one hour of boring conversation. Cody kept on running back home.

Charlie Burns' p.o.v.
I was worried about Cody. He never behaved like that. I was going up the stairs to his room to talk a little bit. "Maybe he is now more relaxed" I thought before knocking on the door.
After knocking several times and didn't hear any answer from inside, I decided to enter. There were no signs of life in that room, Cody wasn't there.

-Cody, where are you?- I called out. No one answered.

I saw that something was weird with the window. I walked closer and......the window was opened! Cody just escaped the house and anyone saw him. I exited the room and thought to come back in half an hour.

Cody's p.o.v.
I climbed the tree and entered my room. Hopefully my siblings didn't see me. More or less ten minutes after, someone knocked on the door.

-Come in!- my father then entered my room.

-Can I talk with you about one thing?

-.....Sure.....

My father closed the door and sat on the bed.

-Where did you go?

My heart started to pound hard.

-W-what!?- I said sceptical.

-You escaped your room through the window. Where did you go?

-I won't tell you.

By my father's face, I saw that he didn't expect that answer.

-Do you know that I can know with who you were easily?

-Yes I do, but you won't know it anyways.

-Okay. But, tell me something please.

-What is it?- I enquired with curiosity.

-Did you feel uncomfortable and angry because of what your teacher said about Mystery Club and Jessica?

My father knew me more than I thought. He pointed just to the right point. I changed from angry to sad and I put my arms down.

-She said that the group was a total disaster. I just know that Jessica is a sweetheart and the group is cool enough. I couldn't just be sitting there when someone was saying bad things about people who were making all the planet happy with their songs and dances.- tears started to appear in my eyes.
I started to cry and my father hugged me. I hugged him back and cried even more.
Some minutes later, I finally calmed myself.

-Are you calmed now?

-Yes, I *hip* am.

-Come on, let's go with the others.

We went to the living room. Graham was back home from the supermarket. My siblings saw that my eyes were puffy and my nose red.

-What happened?- asked Dani.

-It's nothing, don't worry.- I answered with a little smile.

We had lunch, with a happy mood. Later in the evening, uncle Woodrow came. I was happy seeing him. We played so many sports during the two weeks he was staying with us.

Woodrow's p.o.v.
Cody was so happy seeing me. But one of the days, Graham had a talk with me. About Jessica, or rather of the incident that happened just a week ago. Just like me, he knew where Jessica was these years. He was worried about her. He said that some days ago, he visited the dancing studio. That day, she was really sad. We wanted to visit her again in some days, and we did it. We went to the studio, but couldn't enter it because there were too many protestants and other that were in the group's side.