Chapter One

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters or Kuroshitsugi. No matter how much I wish I did...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chapter one-

William and Grell had to work together. As much as William hated this, he had no choice. The decision was made by his superior, thus meaning the flaming red haired man was his to "babysit."

"Oh Will~" Grell spoke in a sing-song tone while standing next to the Phantomhive butler. William turned around, clearly upset with the man for again making him work over time.

"What Grell?"

"Don't you think Bassy looks ravishing~?" Sebastian tried prying the Shinigami off of him, only to advance no where. Grell smiled slightly as he noticed Williams face in a twist of anger. His plan was working. The feminine man would find a way to get the stuck up William to fall for him. Of course, work was the only place they saw each other. Grell must have shown that he was upset by this, for he heard Sebastian's voice.

"Grell is now the time to be day dreaming? I believe we both have jobs to do."

William made his way to the two, pulled Grell off of Sebastian, apologized for taking so long, and let the man on his way.

"Will!" Grell frowned as he watched Sebastian make his way back to the young Earl Phantomhive.

"I didn't want to work over time today, we have one more name on the list then we can report and go home." William let go of the shorter man, heading in the direction of their next victim.

"Did I make you angry, William~?" Grell used his sing-song voice again, while looping his arm around the taller mans. William made little effort to pull away, only fixed his glasses with the end of his death scythe.

"No, what made me angry is I had to work on my day off."

"Oh but Will, you got to see me.~"

"That's suppose to make me feel better?" At Williams words Grell pouted slightly, but as he did, he got an idea he just had to use. He began drawing circles on Williams chest, and he leaned up the few inches to whisper.

"Why don't you come over for dinner and I'll make it up to you?" Of course Grell tried to make himself sound intense, but it was hard. The closeness of the other man made his heart pound, and his head spin. William turned to the red head with a questioning gaze, he wanted to go, but would he have time with all his paper work? Grell moved away, using a more normal voice. "What do you say Will?" He wanted nothing more than a simple yes. William nodded ever so slightly.

"Fine, but you can't do anything stupid. Or talk about that demon butler." Williams expression was his normal blank stare, but Grell had a feeling the other was greatly pleased by the offer.

"I won't do anything stupid, or talk about Bassy." Grell wanted to jump up and down, but soon realized they were still working. Quickly the two finished their job deciding the young man on the list had a great deal of purpose to this world. It wasn't until they studied him they understood his sitting around doing want appeared to be nothing, was studying different medical issues they had. The young man was left alone by the Shinigami, leaving them with a report to fill out. Once back at the HQ they went their separate ways, only needing to be reminded once of their diner plans. Scurrying home to fix up a ravishing diner Grell ended up with a seasoned chicken breast, homemade mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and of course red wine. As the sharp green eyes finished looking everything over, there was a knock at the door. "Coming!~" Grell was surprised when he opened the door. William held out a single rose.

"Go a head, take it. I figured I should at least try to be nice to you." Grell couldn't help but notice William had dressed up quite nicely. Of course, he always did, but something seemed different. Grell greatly accepted the rose, and invited William in. The diner went swell in Grell's eyes. William had complemented the meal many a times, and the two talked, sharing a few mild laughs. Maybe things would start being better for the two, both secretly wishing they were on a date.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A/N: This the start of something great I hope. I've never wrote a Fanfiction before, but there is a first to everything. I'm sorry if there are grammar or spelling errors >.< anyway, I'll try to keep this updated. ^_^