introduction

BLURB:

Ever since he was young, Abel Eastwood has been a diehard fan of cosplaying characters from various TV shows and movies. Having gained some reputation in the community, his dream of being a professional cosplayer was almost on his doorsteps. Despite his family's strong disapproval, Abel continued chasing after his goals, determined in proving them wrong.

At a convention, he decided to cosplay as the blue-haired detective from a TV show he loved. The cosplay quickly piqued the interest of Mairi Cabanila, a renowned veteran known to cosplay male characters. In this event, she dressed up as an expressionless royal prince - a self-proclaimed Princess Charming.

He had always regarded Mairi as his rival, so it was strange when she suddenly showed great interest in him. Because of this, he took her advances as a big challenge, but he never expected that this encounter would mark the start of their shenanigans.

***

Heya, and welcome to this book! First of all, thank you for choosing Cosplay Shenanigans as your next read! I hope you will enjoy this story to the fullest and connect with its characters.

I had actually started writing this book from last year, but due to writer's block and a lot of personal problems in real life, I had put this on-hold for months to come. Now that I'm back to writing, I have decided to continue this book with a plot and outlines in mind! :)

Updates will be irregular, but I'll try to publish a chapter once a week.

This book is rated PG-14 for minor violence and profanity.

As this book explores the topics of cosplay, entertainment and fandoms, names of media such as comics, video games, anime/manga and TV shows will be frequently mentioned. Some of these titles, however, will be made up by yours truly.

And so to avoid any confusion, I will be italicizing any titles that exist and are available in real life. For example: She-Ra, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Undertale, etc. Any official media belong to their respective owners.

I will be bolding any titles that do not exist and I, as the author, made it up. For example: Detective Showdown, Nights Out, etc.

As always, this is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Plagiarism of anything from this book or my other books is completely intolerable, and please take this seriously. Please report immediately to me if you found this book on the other websites, as I only publish books in Wattpad.

Please let me know all your thoughts and I encourage feedback in the comments :)

NOTE
1. Cosplay Shenanigans takes in the same place as Leap of Faith (another book of mine, but I had put on hold). Cameos of characters from Leap of Faith are expected.
2. I might put drawings of my characters (anime/manga style of course) in some chapters :D You're free to imagine them as such or not as this is my personal intepretation of how such characters look like.

This book will be written in past tense and third person, and the POVs are mainly focused on Abel and Mairi.

- Tara