16 - of bigger person and timbits

04:29 PM.

"So... why are you here?"

As much as he wanted to spout curses to this one particular customer, Abel mustered all of his strength to resist the growing temptation. This guy better be grateful for Jeanne, his coworkers and the fact they were in the watchful eyes of the public... otherwise all hell would break loose.

Why, out of everyone, do I have to deal with this good-for-nothing bastard? It was only the second day at work... and he was already blasted with unwanted shit. Not so shockingly, that shit just happened to come from his own family.

"Holy crap, I didn't know you worked here!" gasped his stunning older brother, as if his narrow mind thought his sibling would be loafing around while living off his parents' money. Also, that crooked grin was desperately begging to be punched. "When did you start? Why didn't you tell us?"

Let me ask a better question, why so curious? Using a disguise to hide his true colors would never let him anywhere. As someone who was forced to live with this blabbering guy for more than a decade, Abel could read his antics like a script. You're never even interested in what I do.

"That's none of your business," the blue-haired server scoffed, chucking the menu straight to Jethro's scrambling hands. He hastily pulled out his notepad and flipped to a blank page; something he would rather fixate on. "Go order your food and get out of here while I'm still being nice."

"Gee, that's not how you talk to a fellow customer," Jethro whined, protruding his bottom lip forward like the little brat he was. His voice already made Abel's ears bleed. "In fact, I'm quite a frequent visitor here."

Oh, wow. Something to commit to memory.

Just relax, Abel. He's obviously trying to push your buttons. He reminded himself before flames could consume his insides. Inhaling a huge amount of air and letting it escape off his nostrils might help, but that didn't stop his brows from twitching and his heart to pound hard. Don't jeopardize your position here. Remember, your manager's around...

"Well, what can I get for you today, Your Majesty?" It cost him a lot of energy just to speak these ordinary words and put up a tiny but spasming smile. He took another deep breath, shutting his eyes as he repeatedly chanted the mantra: Jeanne... Jeanne...

"I'm ordering to-go. Do you have egg foo young?" Jethro chirped, keeping his stupendous grin like that nightmare fuel, Cheshire cat. So annoying.

"Use your eyes. If it's on the menu, then we have it, unless there's a sold-out sign next to it." Abel answered nonchalantly, sparing not even a glance. Even serving this idiot, he still had to keep it civil at best.

Again, this is not home.

"It's one of your specials though..." He faltered, but that was because he felt it was the best time to smirk. "Oh, don't tell me... you still didn't know much about the menu and specials?" He didn't even try hiding his laughter. "You're a server here, y'know. You should have familiarized yourself with them."

Abel was surprised his teeth were able to withstand the pressure he forced on them. With his breaths growing shallow by each second, he clenched his fingers tightly against his notepad, barely crushing it. Despite all of the smoke clouding his mind, the spell he had been reciting continued. Jeanne... Jeanne...

"I'm new here. Give me a break." He muttered as he jotted down his order. "Egg foo young... right?"

"Ah, well that makes sense." Instead of confirming the easiest question he had ever asked, Jethro decided it would be best to go off the rails. "That's okay though. No pressure." He dismissed. "It'll take some t—"