2 - of cynical douchebag and closeted weeb

A/N: My depiction of Abel Eastwood.

***

Abel had always wondered... just how much did he know about himself? There were numerous abilities he didn't even know he had.

One of such skills was staying awake throughout all of his tedious classes. In normal situations, drowsiness would easily subdue him and drag him all the way to dreamland. This time, however, Abel's body had refused the trip, keeping him in touch with reality.

Regardless, when the teacher's lectures entered his right ear, they were instantly pumped out through his left, unprocessed by his idle brain. Well, at least he got the gist of the lesson though, and that was discovering how entertaining calculus was. Like I'll use that shit in real life.

To be honest, the ultimate reason why he managed to endure the agony of hearing that woman's flat voice, was the doodles he had beautifully crafted on his notebook. It wasn't just any drawing, but specifically the goofy detective he had been planning to cosplay.

All I need is light blue hair, pull my bangs to the back and dress myself in a detective suit. Nice. He quietly snickered as he spun on his pencil, blocking out whatever happened around his surroundings. Let's see how many people I'm gonna charm on the weekends.

Clearly countless.

The reason? Self explanatory.

Heh, the perks of being an attractive dude.

When lunch break finally manifested into being, a rewarding smile tugged his lips as he strutted through the crowded hallway. Keeping his head high, he mentally chuckled at the giggles coming from around the corner, obviously targeted towards him. Witnessing his distinct reputation among those girls, a flood of delight deluged through his entire body. Take that Jethro. I'll be much more popular than your ass could ever imagine.

Grabbing some burger and french fries from the lunch lady, Abel immediately scanned for any familiar signs of that orange hair amidst the crowded cafeteria. There was no way one couldn't tell Charlotte from other people, or Abel might as well render them blind.

Thanks for making my life easier, Lotte. He snorted inwardly as he approached her table, where another friend of his, Adrian Gardner, awaited his arrival.

"Wow, would you look at that grand entrance," Charlotte remarked as she rested her chin on her hand. "Seriously, your sheer arrogance blinds me."

"Certainly you're entranced by it, aren't you?" Abel drawled as he settled down on his seat. "Just admit I'm hot, Lotte."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, sire." She waved the back of her hand. Rolling her eyes, she groaned under her breath. "I'm not gonna swell your ego further, thanks."

"Yo Abs." On the other side, Adrian greeted with a lazy grin. He wrapped his arm around Abel, pulling his friend closer. "Perfect timing. Lotte and I were just discussing the convention this Saturday. I heard you're gonna cosplay that Kaito dude from that Detective Showdown anime?"

"Do you really have to ask that?" Abel questioned back, but he maintained his smirk. "Hell yeah I am."

Adrian sported dark tousled hair and almond skin, but if asked to describe him further, Abel would definitely abuse the words 'simple' and 'casual'. Not to mention, he would be forced to dig through the thesaurus for further synonyms. This guy practically came to school dressed in a plain T-shirt - with its color changing everyday - and jeans, accompanied by a bag consisting of only a notebook and a few stationeries.

Basically, Adrian's give-a-fuck meter was not just zero; it was nowhere to be found.

And just like Charlotte, Abel had no idea whether he should classify Adrian as his best friend. Nevertheless, as years passed, this dude never once stepped outside his circle and continued staying by his side. Heck, Abel didn't even think he was bothered enough to hang out with the others. Not that I mind.