14: so close...

no one pov

as jungkook opened the door, he was met with - who he expected to be there - taehyung. his hair fluffy as ever, his cheeks flushed a nervous pink. his bambi eyes locked with his own. 

the eye contact lasted longer than it should have. until jungkook finally broke it, and shook his head a bit. he opened the door wider, allowing taehyung to come in.

"u-uh, come in.." he mumbled awkwardly, letting the boy in. taehyung nodded quietly and made his way inside. soon sat on the end of jungkooks bed, unzipping his backpack.

"so, did you also have the calculus test last friday?" 

taehyung asked, casual as ever. jungkook was still standing by the door, zoning out at the floor. though, at the sound of taehyungs voice he managed to snap out of it.

"u-uh.. yeah.." jungkook mumbled, remembering his disappointing score. he sighed softly and walked to his bag. unzipping it and pulling out the slightly crumpled test.

he awkwardly held it out to taehyung with his head down, not daring to look at the boy as taehyung took the test and read the score. a small hum sound exiting his mouth.

jungkook sighed out a groan. "its just- it doesnt make sense. the words dont o together. and i cant read the questions. everything just gets jumbled up and i cant understand. i really did try this time."

jungkook spoke, his tone raising slightly, frustrated at himself. he huffed, sitting on the edge of his bed. taehyung slowly looked up from the papers and to the football player.

"maybe you have dyslexia?"

he questioned softly, jungkook merely shrugged. he didnt care what it was. all he knew is nothing made sense. and it irritated him. 

the boy was sulking to himself, arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed.

taehyung watched the older, and couldnt help but let out a tiny giggle. (that seemed to catch jungkooks attention). 

"well, i dont know how to help you with that. but i can help you study. and you're in luck because theres a makeup test on thursday. so you just need to get more practice and then im sure you'll do better."

taehyung, oddly enough, lifted jungkooks spirits in the slightest. he glanced over to the smaller boy, who then blushed a little embarrassed. it only made jungkook chuckle softly. a husk, yet soft chuckle.

"if you can help me get over a B- , i think i might just have to take you out for dinner."

jungkook couldnt stop the words until they were already out of his mouth and in the air. he stiffened as taehyung heard him loud and clear.

jungkook tensed, suddenly, internally punching himself for saying something so dumb. his ears reddened, glancing away from the younger. feeling embarrassed.

though, what he wasnt expecting was another small little giggle to exit taehyungs pretty lips.

"deal." taehyung spoke. causing jungkook to look back over at him. only to be met with a wide boxy smile.

seeing such a smile made the corners of jungkooks lips just barely curl up. an almost smile, but he couldnt help it. taehyung just made him want to smile for no reason.

he chuckled shortly. "deal." jungkook repeated, softly. 

-

with in the next few minutes the two were studying silently.

fortunately, depending on how you look at it, jungkook had calculus homework to work on. so it was a perfect time to practice. 

after a good 15 minutes, jungkook tossed his paper beside his lap and groaned loudly. burying his head in his hands dramatically.