22: convince

no one pov

it was the last five minutes of the game. score tied evenly with 50 point to each team. the whole stadium was practically out of their seats, cheering loudly for who they wanted to win.

by this point taehyung was still confused how the game worked. jungkook did tell him some stuff, but the younger stopped asking what things meant after a while because he felt bad for interrupting jungkooks focus.

even though he wasnt playing, it was too obvious how much he was planning in his head. watching each of his team mates play, watching their every move. some might argue this was good for jungkook because he got a new perspective on the game.

but it didnt matter, he would do anything to actually be on the field.

trying to think on the bright side though, jungkook cheered for his team. watching as the last play of the game commensed. 

the whistle blew. onew getting passed the ball. his teammates doing their jobs at either running or guarding. eyes focused on lucas as he ran passed the other team's members down to the end field, hands still up in the air waiting for the ball.

everyones eyes were glued to the field as onew launched the ball across the field, right into lucas' arms. the said wide receiver not taking a second of hesitation as he ran to the very end of the field, to the end zone.

until he finally made it, just barely missing it as a defense player came at him unexpectedly, but he was able to maneuver his way around it. making it to the end zone. finally making it and slamming the ball on the ground, making it bounce up in the air again way above his head.

his team screaming in excitement as they ran up to him and gave a huge group hug. the crowd screaming as well. 

they had won with just 2 minutes left on the clock.

-

of course they still had to play out the rest of the time before the game officially ended, and those quick two minutes were extremely uneventful.

the last whistle blew twice, and the game was finished. everyone rooting for them cheered in great excitement as they did after every game.

jungkook was standing by this point, hollering out to his friends as he clapped. trying his best to ignore the tug at his heart as he watched them all hug lucas, dumping the rest of the water from their drinking cooler on the poor boy.

he smiled down at them, covering that feeling up as best he could.

"t-they won right?" jungkook turned to his side seeing taehyung still sitting, a confused blink following his words. jungkooks nose scrunched.

"yes. we won." he chuckled, seeing taehyung then smile up at him happily. "yey." he mumbled softly, not half as excited as anyone else there. jungkook chuckled at his antics, sitting back in his chair as they waited for the majority of people to leave.

-

once the stadiums were starting to clear at a fast rate, no longer a total mess of a crowd to squeeze yourself through, both jungkook and taehyung started getting up. 

it was dark by now so jungkook pulled out his phone as a flashlight. even though the huge, bright light towers lit up the stadium, he wanted to have it ready when they would no longer provide light outside the stadium.

silently walking out of the rows and rows of seats, taehyung following behind him, they made their way to the front of the stadium.

before they fully exited the venue jungkook paused. taehyung stumbled a bit behind the older as he stopped. jungkook turned to the younger.