21: game time

no one pov

"ugh! why is this so complicated?" taehyung groaned, taking off yet another outfit, making yet another pile of clothes on his floor.

picking out clothes had never been a problem for taehyung, ever. but today.. it seemed he was struggling. he just couldnt decide what he should wear to the football game.

 checking his phone for the nth time, taehyung saw he had less than 30 minutes until jungkook would pick him up. the game started at 5 pm, and jungkook would pick him up around 4:45.

of course taehyung had to give jungkook his address as he lived in an apartment and not a dorm, which he definitely contemplated about (thinking maybe he should just meet jungkook there or something) but jungkook didnt give him room to argue.

"maybe this?" taehyung spoke aloud, reaching for an over sized dulled grey sweater, embroidered with the word "angel" across the front in big block letters like a sports name. grabbing a pair of straight cut jeans, belting them just above his waist.

"that really shouldnt have been so hard." taehyung huffed, seeing himself in the mirror, wearing the most basic outfit ever.

before he could decide whether he really liked the outfit or not, he heard his phone ring. the boy cursed and ran to the device, knowing it was probably jungkook.

"h-hello?" taehyung answered the phone, trying to calm his loud heart beat. "you almost ready? im outside the building." jungkook spoke. taehyung felt his knees weak, listening to the olders voice through the phone.

taehyung found himself subconsciously smiling. "y-yeah. im almost ready. i'l be down soon. promise." taehyung said, biting his lower lip. jungkook merely hummed.

"ok, i'll wait down here then.. unless you want me to come up there?" the football player asked. "n-no. thats ok. i'll be super quick." taehyung almost rushed. not sure why he didnt want jungkook to see his apartment.

even though he was almost positive jungkook had seen atleast two places in his apartment.

sometimes he forgot that jungkook had probably seen the most intimate things about him.

-

with the phone call just ended, taehyung raced around to grab his wallet and phone. jumping around on one foot as he attempted to put his high topped converse on. taking a second to flatten his hair down in the bathroom mirror.

only to realize he didnt like it. and fluffed it up. shaking his head, ruffling his dirty blonde hair. smiling slightly at himself before running out of hsi apartment.

making sure to lock the door as he hurried out of the building. hand clenched tightly around his phone, trying to ease his nerves.

walking out of the main entrance, taehyung saw jungkook leaning against his car close by, staring down at his phone. taehyung giggled to himself and jogged over. 

jungkook glanced up just as taehyung ran over, smiling gently as he saw the boys curls bouncing in the soft wind as he ran.

"hey." jungkook said, pushing himself off of his car. "hi." taehyung waved, smiling as jungkook opened the passenger side door for him.

"thankyou." taehyung said softly getting in the car. feeling his ears burn as jungkook hummed, gently closing the door behind him. then jogging around the car to the driver side and getting in.

when both males were in the car, they looked at eachother, gentle smiles rising on their lips. "hey." jungkook said again, his eyes locked on taehyungs'.