6.

It was finally Friday, and I continued to read this book. It was boring, but I didn't hate it. Of course, the plot was super predictable, but I didn't mind. It was early, I needed to wake my mind up. I heard footsteps come up to my table, and I looked up.

"What's up nerd?" A usual voice rang out.

Bianca and her little sister Casey stood in front of me, ready to go. I smiled and put my book away, pulling out my cards from the backpack. The two pulled the chairs out from the table and sat down, as I shuffled the deck. Casey hit the top of the deck and I cut it, shuffling again. I am not much of a bragging type. But I enjoy shuffling cards, for I am pretty great at it. Not perfect, but good enough to get people looking.

I handed everyone three cards. This was going to be a tough game of 31. I held my hand up and stared at it, groaning. Casey had a smile plastered on her face. The poor girl didn't have a good poker face at all. I drew a card. A spade 6. I need a heart suit. I groaned and put the card down, and Bianca grabbed it eagerly. Casey went up and set a card down.

A heart 3. I can make this work. I grab the card and add it to my score. I am currently at 10 points. Not bad at all. I need 21 more points though. Bianca draws and sets down a 2 club, and Casey ignores it, drawing from the pile. She groans and throws down a heart Queen, in which I hide my poker face. I put down my useless card, which Bianca grabs eagerly. I'm at 20 points. I get an ace and I can add to those numbers.

After a few more rounds, Bianca knocks on the table. She has a shit-eating grin on her face, and I tremble in fear. I swear. I end up with a score of 25 and feel good enough.

"Alright guys, 1...2...3!"

We all set down our cards. Casey had 27, and Bianca had 30. A suite of 3. I rolled my eyes, as she laughed in our faces. "I win again turds. Want to go again?" She asked eagerly before the bell rang.

"Never mind," Casey states blandly, making us all laugh. The two girls get up and I do my signature handshake with Bianca.

The two walk away waving, and I wave back. Now that they are gone, I need to scan the room. I look around for a moment, scanning every place possible. Not a single trace of James anywhere. I groan and pick up my bags, this day feeling a little worse than usual. Something was missing.

But what?