9.

Friday had fallen upon us, and I had been waiting all week long for this day. My teachers are running out of stuff to assign, so I have 3 free periods and a study hall period. Of course math and English always have something. Anatomy had a test yesterday, but that was easy. Quizlet came in clutch for that one.

Bianca and Casey had shown up before James did this morning, and interrupted an awkward sex scene in my book. I'm sure glad it was them and not James. The crazy girl in my book was doing some stuff I shall not mention. Let's just say the werewolf has sharp teeth.

"What do you wanna play today?" Bianca asked, sitting down in the chair in front of me.

"Can we do 31? That one is my favorite." Casey asked innocently, making me giggle.

"Of course we can. I love that one too." I replied with a smile, dealing out my cards.

Casey was like my little sister. I'm sad I won't be able to help her navigate the rest of high school, but I will always be in touch. Being a freshman seemed like a breeze for her, but it was a nightmare for me. Mark my words she is going to do big things in the future.

"Hey, where is your friend?" Bianca asked, winking at me.

I looked around and saw him talking to the 4 boys at the front of the library, watching him laugh. Something in my stomach went off again. "Oh, he's over there talking to his friends."

Bianca and Casey looked behind their shoulders and saw him, before turning around. "I figured he would wanna sit with you. Did I scare him off?" Bianca asked Casey, chuckling at her words.

"Nah, he uh- I think he's busy." Ignoring me.

I decided to start anyways and dealt out the cards to everyone. At first, I was kicking but, but Casey landed a suite of 5 on her 4th draw; and knocked us all out. We had time for another round, and I was slowly creeping up the score. 7 to 12 to 22 to 29. I decided to knock and call it good. 29 was pretty damn high.

To my dismay, Casey put down another suite of 30. The bell rang right as she landed the win too, making it almost like the school was congratulating her. "Just like your damn sister," I said snarkily, which made her laugh more.

We said our usual goodbyes and the two sisters parted, leaving me alone to clean up the mess (usual). As they walked away, I began to walk out before James walked over and stopped me. "Hey, Oliver? Do you have a minute?" His voice was more shaky than usual.

"Yeah, make it quick, I have some math to do," I said, watching all of his friends leave.

The library felt a lot smaller now than it was just me and him. Just me, him, and Mrs. Potenza vacuuming up someone's breakfast in the back room. Poor woman. James moved a little closer to me, almost like he didn't want people to hear him.

"Would you uh, wanna spend the night this weekend? I have no plans at all and everyone in my friend group flaked out. It's okay if you don't want to"

"I'll call my mom. Can I give you an answer at Lunch?" I replied a little too quickly, my throat drying up.

"Yeah... okay. I'll uh- see you then."

Before I could say anything, he was already out of the library, leaving me alone to my thoughts. Sleepover? I've known this kid for a week.

Lazy Time Skip...

I sat in my usual spot, waiting for James to walk in. My mother had said yes, saying she was shocked I wanted to spend time with a friend. She not only urged me to stay the night but to break the law. She wanted me to be a trouble maker. She could have also been a little drunk.

I think a mindless sleepover would be fun. It would be a good distraction from whatever internal problem I am currently suffering from. Those damn butterflies show up at the most random times. Me and James shared a love for video games too, so it would be nice to destroy somebody in COD or Halo.

My thoughts were interrupted when he walked in, smiling at me. Before he came over, Mrs. Potenza said her piece. "You have been coming in a lot James, are you here to read a book?" She asked sarcastically.

"No, not today." That was all he said to her before he sat down.

Mrs. Potenza gave me a confused look and walked away, cleaning up whatever hellish mess was in the backroom. I don't want to know.

James sat down in front of me, with a look of terror on his face. "So uh... what did your parents say?"

I smiled at him. "I'll be there. Can I have your address?" I said calmly, trying to ignore the weird stomach butterflies I was feeling.

James smiled hugely and looked at me with those brown eyes, making me feel even sicker. Was it him? I have no idea. He quickly pulled a piece of paper out of his backpack and wrote down his address. It wasn't far from here, about a 4-mile walking distance. I can do that. "Thanks." That was all I said, putting the paper in my pocket.

"Hey, I uh- have to go. I have to go retake a speech test. I'll see you tomorrow." That was all he said, before once again rushing off.

I tried to stop him, but I was too late. That kid is about as fast as the damn Flash. I felt an uncontrollable smile hit my face. This might be fun.