{Pt. 7} The Confession

AHHHH I LOVED WRITING THIS. THIS IS ALL I'M SAYING FOR NOW. GOOD LUCK!!

We've been walking for around four hours now and Naruto has been gripping the entire time. Other than that, it's been pretty good beside Kakashi and Chikao making everything awkward. I don't know what is going on with Kakashi. He's giving me so many mixed signals. Honestly at this point I should just ignore them. But I can't. Everytime I look at him I feel like my heart is going to leap out of my chest. Me and Chikao have talked a little bit about random things like our life or our favorite foods. I didn't tell him anything too personal cause I don't really trust this guy.

"Kakashi-Sensei, can we take a break. My feet hurt from all this walking." Naruto complained. "I agree with Naruto on this one. My feet hurt so much." Sakura joined in. Sasuke just nodded in agreement. I for one, didn't care. If they can't handle walking for this long, the path ahead is gonna be rough. "I guess it's late enough to set up camp. Let's stop here."

We sat down all of our belongings and started setting our tents up. There were three tents. Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto are sharing one, the prince gets his own and then there's me and Kakashi. We have to share. We decided the arrangements on our walk over here.

"Now that we got the tents set up, let's start dinner. Prince Chikao, I'm sure you're fine with rabbit?" He looked at Chikao coldly. "Of course." Kakashi turned towards the rest of us. "Naruto and Sasuke, you two go grab firewood. (Y/n) and I can go catch our dinner. Sakura and Prince Chikao, you stay here." After he finished talking, I headed towards the trees.

(Another timeskip)

We all sat around the fire Sasuke and Naruto built, eating our dinner. There was conversation every now and then. It was mainly the three. You know who I mean. Kakashi hasn't even talked about this morning at all. Maybe he's just forgotten about it. I finished eating and sat there looking at the ground, consumed by my thoughts. I started to tear up. "Darling, you've finished already?" Prince Chikao asked. "Um yeah, I'm a fast eater. May I be excused for a little bit? I'm just going to the river nearby." I looked at Kakashi. He noticed the pain in my eyes. "Yeah just don't go too far.

I walked out of view and took my contacts out and put them in the container I kept them in. After I took them out, I started crying. I ran towards the river, running as fast as I could. I found a huge rock and sat on it. I brought my knees to my chest and tried to stop crying. I need to stop thinking. I can't have them see me like this. They'll think I'm weak and I can't have that.

I was so caught up with trying to forget everything, I didn't notice the presence behind me. "(Y/n), are you alright?" CRAP. It's Kakashi-Sensei. I looked in the opposite direction of him. "Yeah I'm fine, just allergies." I managed to say, keeping my voice calm. "Are you sure? I thought I saw you crying before you left." He sat down on the rock beside me. "I'm always here if you need me." He placed a caring hand on my shoulder. I stayed silent. "Please (Y/n), look at me to show me you're alright."

"No. I told you I'm fine. You don't have to worry." I responded. "(Y/n), please. It'll kill me if you were hurting and I could've done something about it."

"You're gonna hate me if I do." I admitted. "Why would I ever hate you. You've done nothing wrong." I waited for a second then turned my head towards his. I looked him straight in the eyes with my teary, mixed-matched colored eyes. His jaw dropped a little bit but I expected that. "(Y/n)... You're eyes."

"I told you'd hate me." I choked out. "(Y/n) I don't hate you or your eyes. I think they're beautiful. If you would like to, you can tell me anything. I'm here for you." And with that, I lost it. I cried and I cried hard. The bottle filled to the brim of all of my feelings finally broke. Kakashi moved and gave me a hug. This was a little uncomfortable so I moved to where I was sitting on his lap, still hugging him. I cried into his chest, staining his shirt with my tears.