No

Taehyung's pov

"Why are you laughing?" I ask, daft as a bush.

It's true I was expecting an emotional response of some sorts, but this wasn't what I had in mind.

Jasmine bursted with laughter the second the words "marry me" came out of my mouth. I guess it's true what people say:  every psychiatrist needs their own psychiatrist.

"S-sorry, I—I can't believe you just" she laughs again, almost out of breath "that you just said that."

"I wasn't joking."

She laughs again, her hand going over her stomach, which makes me feel almost disappointed.

"Jasmine. That wasn't a joke. I want this." I try to say as stoic as possible, wanting her to understand the seriousness of my offer.

"You are so cute, it's ridiculous." She lets out with a chuckle.

"Cute?" I word my thoughts before filtering them. "I am not cute. I'm being serious. Why the hell are you laughing?!" The moment the swear word leaves my lips,I regret it.

"Now that seemed more real." She stops laughing but still holds her smile. "You seem to forget I used to be your psychiatrist."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"This is what you do."

"What I do?" I question, emphasising every word.

"Yes. It's your trade mark."

"You'll have to elaborate."

"This need of yours to be in control, all the time. The way you make decisions way too fast and don't give yourself time to fully understand the consequences..."

"That's untrue." I'm quick to retaliate. "I've thought about this a lot. Too much maybe. All I think about is how to keep you by my side, and it drives me crazy." Her gaze softens at my remark.

"I think about that too and I'm really sad you have to go." She keeps her sentences short and I know she's holding back tears.

"Then come with me. Let's get married. I'm sure Moon would love it there."

"Oh Tae, that's not always the answer." She says, giving me the most loving look. "And it's not Moon I'm worried about." She sighs deeply before explaining. "It's us."

"Jasmine... I can't, no! I won't be six thousand miles away from you."

She stares into my eyes like it's the last time she's seeing them and it tears me apart.

"This will be good for us, Tae." She blinks, letting a lone tear travel down her rosy cheek. "I need time to ... sort myself out, fix my heart. And you barely just got yours healed. Am I wrong?"

"No, but..."

"Do you know what would have happened if Alison would still be alive?"

Her question throws me off guard. What would have happened if Alison wouldn't have died? I probably wouldn't have met Jasmine, and the thought alone makes me tense. I just stare at her expectingly.