Marry me

Taehyung's pov

"Jasmine, what are we doing here? Your flight is in two hours." My voice may sound annoyed, but my soul is bleeding.

Jasmine is leaving today, and with her, my heart.

I'm the last person who wants to send her back to France, but I know if I don't rip this off like a bandaid, I won't be able to do it at all. I don't want her to go and even the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

This week, has been by far the best one of my life. 

We've done everything from visiting the royal palace and all the touristy places to eating delicious street food by the side of the road like the ultimate locals. I still had meetings here and there, but most of them were solvable over Zoom so I've made the most of it. I've offered to take her away to Jeju and have a proper holiday, but Jasmine insisted we visited my grandmother every day, which only made me love her so much more.

Every night we would get lost in the heaven that my silky sheets held whenever we made love. We've inaugurated every surface in my apartment that was big enough to hold our bodies. If one would think a nightstand or a windowsill are too small, one would be wrong. And while the nights were for wild fantasies, mornings were for healing vanilla sex, so domestic and effective that made me want it every morning for the rest of my life.

The thought of her leaving at the end of the week, made my heart clench with sadness, but I didn't want to let that get in the way of our precious time together. She's not ready yet. She still needs time and I promised I would give it to her.

As much as I wanted to keep her next to me, I needed to let her go. I had to make my peace with it, even if it was killing me inside.

"Already want to get rid of me?" She smiled back at me, so bright that I had no choice but to mirror it.

Whenever I thought my heart has reached its fullness, Jasmine managed to sink herself even deeper into it, making it overflow with affection.

"I need a coffee. It's going to be a very long flight. Come on Tae." She pulled my hand gently.

"But I..." don't like coffee. I was about to say but just went with "Why here though?"

I looked around. We were in what locals would call the suburbs of Seoul. Lots of schools, families walking by the the river and couples cycling together on the streets. Not my first choice for a good coffee place, but then again, I didn't drink the stuff.

"There're way better cafes in the city

"There're way better cafes in the city." I added.

She leans in, kisses my cheek sweetly before uttering: "True, but according to the internet, this place has the best hot chocolate in Seoul." She lifts her eyebrows up and down excitedly and I instantly feel guilty for thinking she forgot my preferences.