Gold digger

Jasmine's pov

Four days.

It's only been four days since Taehyung left for South Korea and I'm already missing him more than I should. I swear that man has ruined me in the sweetest of ways. I miss all of him.

We still text but it's all over the place. Whenever I've got time, he doesn't and vice versa. I miss his random morning rants about the Parisian weather, or about Jimin not letting Solar do her job. Or in the afternoon, when he would just call to talk to Moon and ask how her day has been. He would happily listen to all her puerile stories and they would both laugh their hearts out through the phone. The sound of their laughs combined quickly became one of my favourite things in the world.

But if you were to ask me what I miss the most, it would be without a doubt, those spontaneous moments when Taehyung showed up at my door just because. He would do it at the most random times as well.

First time he showed up was in the middle of the night, saying he missed me too much to fall asleep. A few stolen kisses and a warm chamomile tea was all it took for him to peacefully fall asleep on my couch. I believe that was the moment when my heart started falling for him.

Once he came first thing in the morning, wanting to take Moon to school together. He drove us in his car and let Moon choose the music the whole way, and I think that's when she fell for him.

Truth be told, Taehyung has gradually intertwined himself into our every day lives, so much that now that he's gone, I find myself doing all sorts of things just to keep my mind off how quiet my day is without him.

Including helping Moon out with her art project about the Solar System.

"I told you, Pluto is way over there, Mum. You're doing it all wrong!" Her annoyed tone brought me out of my train of thoughts.

"Oops!" I tried to laugh my mistake away, but Moon only glares at me, nostrils flared. "So it goes over there?" I point to the edge of the A3 black card paper.

My little girl sighs in annoyance and our roles quickly switch for a moment. "Mum, please stop." She says as she extends her hand in front of me, silently asking for the small planet. "You don't have to help, you know."

I didn't think my heart could take another blow, until my own little Moonie rejected my company. I've never felt lonelier.

"But ... I want to."

"No, you don't." She states with an evil little chuckle. "You're just bored. And you miss mister Kim."

"I... what?"

I never knew where I stood with the topic of a new man in my life with Moon. It's all new territory for both of us and I'm trying to be cautious of who I let into out lives. Although we've adopted her, Namjoon and I never treated her as anything less than our first born child and our number one priority.

She also seemed to enjoy Taehyung's presence but the fact that she recognised the way I was missing him made me wonder if my priorities are still in order. Her needs should always be before my own.

"I..." I struggle immensely to find the right words. "Moon... it's not that I.."

"It's alright." She intervenes, putting me out of my misery. "I miss him too."

"You do?"

I don't know why, but her words brought a huge relief inside my chest. It was probably the confirmation that I was unknowingly looking for. If Moon accepts Taehyumg, it means my heart made the right choice as well.