Cheers

Taehyung's PoV

The park is pretty empty and quiet. I very much prefer it to the noisy hotel room. The French should really thicken their walls. I mean, I always knew Solar was a kinky woman, it's the quiet ones who are usually full of surprises, but what I've heard coming from her room tonight was... filthy and just too much information.

At least I'll get some fresh air. Couldn't sleep anyway.

Why tho? Why can't I sleep? My brain doesn't shutdown. Whenever I close my eyes, I see hers. And when I see her eyes, I start to wonder. Why does her gaze seem sad at times? She looks content with her life, even happy. Yes, she has those dreadful nightmares, but she'll pass that, right? She looks strong enough!

I can't help but feel like I should help her somehow... protect her. God knows she's helped me. One moment she seems like this strong woman who has it all figured out and the next, she's like a kid... like a lost kid, looking for her way back home.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it but I can't help it. I can't stop thinking.

That's when it hits me.

"Alison..." I say her name out loud.

I'm not thinking about her anymore. Am I ... over her? Just like that? That's not... possible. How? It only took like what? 4 sessions?  to heal my depression? To end my grief? After 2 years of people trying to help me and pull me out of this this black whole, that's all it took?

"Jasmine..." I smile at the thought of her.

It's not the therapy that helped... or maybe it did at the beginning but... it's her.

"Who is calling me at this hour?" I'm pulled out from my thoughts and reaching for my phone.

"Hhhhh..."  I knew this was coming.

"Oui?"
"Picking up the language already... tre bien!"
"What do you want, Jin?"
"Is that any way to talk to your hyung? I should have you beheaded for that, but, I'm a merciful king so I'll let it slide this time!"
"Queen!"
"What?"
"You said you're a merciful king, when what you meant to say was queen!"
"F*ck you, Taehyung!"
"Yeah, I missed you too! So what do you want, Jin?"
"How are you feeling? Is therapy helping?"
"Yes, it helped a lot actually..."
"Really?"
"Why? You didn't expect that?"
"Honestly... no. I thought it was a stupid idea, but I'm happy to hear that it helped."
"Yeah well, you're not always right, you know?"
"That's it! You're execution awaits when you return to your homeland!"
"Then... I might not return?!"
"What do you mean?"
"Maybe I'll extend my visit for a few more months..."
"..."
"Why aren't you saying anything?"
"..."
"Jin? Are you still there?"
"Is this about girl?"
"How did y.."
"I knew it! God, I'm good at this! I f*cking knew it!"
"It's not wha..."
"You met someone, didn't you? that's why you're feeling better! Not because of therapy. And.... That means I was right! Ha! Order has been restored in the world again! The planets aligned and.."
"Jin, calm down. It's not because of some girl. Therapy really did help a lot but ... I guess I made a new friend?"
"Wait a second... Is your new crush your therapist?"
"Well.."
"OH MY GOD! KIM TAEHYUNG! You little freak!"
"Jin! Stop! It's really not like that.."
"You can lie to the world Tae, you can even lie to your mother... but you can't lie to me!"
"Jin, really , it's not.."
"Is she pretty? Do you have a picture? Does she have a ..."

I was walking and talking on the phone with Jin when I spotted a 24/7 shop. I could go for some ice cream. I start to look for it inside, Jin still talking gibberish in my ear when ... I see her.
She's arguing with the guy behind the counter. I see her angrily take a can of cider back to the fridge. She's not happy.