Chapter 18 - Newfound Rage

Stiles was still nervous. A few days after they left the clinic allowed enough time for them to call a pack meeting which was something he was dreading. He wasn't sure he could handle seeing Lydia again but simultaneously she was all he thought about, and he knew seeing the rest of the pack it would be hard to explain.

"Scott I don't know about this." He said for the 100th time as he paced the room in worry. He could feel a slight pull as he knew the anxiety wouldn't help his grasp on control. "Stiles, it will be okay, we have to tell the pack and well Lydia's in it so you'll have to face her eventually." Scott replied and he knew he was right which irritated him. If it was up to him he'd be hiding in bed every day until the full moon with no one around.

"Oh and Stiles stop that! I can literally smell the fear and anxiety coming off of you so they will too!" He complained at him which made Stiles groan in frustration as he stopped still. "Can you believe what Deaton said though Scott, you really think that we're soulmates?" Stiles asked him quietly as his gaze searched the floor. "Honestly I do Stiles, I trust Deaton with my life, and as for you two? I've never seen two people more destined and in love with each other than you two are, it's obvious." Scott smiled at him genuinely as Stiles looked back up at him.

"Well she doesn't love me anymore, not after what I did. I bet she's already moved on." Stiles whined pitifully as Scott scoffed at him. "Don't be daft dude it was only a few days ago, it's not even been a week." Scott reassured him but Stiles wasn't buying it. "No you don't understand Scott, this girl has guys falling at her feet and some guys will literally wait until she's single just to message her and see if they have the slightest chance with her. It's sad." Stiles concluded which made Scott laugh a little. "Poor dudes they must be in love with her at school!" Scott joked and Stiles nodded. "Just like I was yet I was a lucky one... but now I've ruined it..." Stiles trailed off, he was so thankful for everything that happened to pack and Scott since the beginning, everything that helped bring him and Lydia closer together, especially since at the beginning he was just another one of those desperate guys, hopelessly in love with a girl he couldn't have.

"Well they all aren't lucky enough to be her soulmate so that kinda helps." Scott joked once again which made Stiles smile too. But before he could respond, they both flicked their gazes to the front door as they heard a few cars pull up. "Oh shit they're here!" Stiles chirped as he rubbed his hands through his messy hair nervously and turned towards the door. "Remain calm Stiles, you got this!" Scott said sweetly, rubbing his shoulder quickly in comfort as he walked past. He reached the door, opening it to see Allison and Issac stood together with Kira and Liam stood behind, he invited them in to which they all came in happily.

Issac and Liam quickly hit the sofa while Kira stood talking to Scott as they waited for the others to arrive. Allison on the other hand approached Stiles with a confused look that quickly turned to concern. Allison was always the perceptive one and even though she wasn't a werewolf she seemed to be very empathetic. Stiles could recall the time when, like Lydia, she barely knew him apart from him being "Scott's dorky friend." He used to hate being so invisible but now he'd do anything to go back, to be young, clueless and innocent all over again.

"Hey Stiles! Are you okay? I heard about you and Lydia.." she spoke softly as him, her deep brown eyes full of genuine worry as she made him relax slightly. "Yeah it's shit...you know it wasn't real right? I was forced to so i could protect her when all I want to do is keep her close." Stiles admitted, he hated how easily his defences came down around Allison, she was like his big sister, but he knew it was because she could easily figure it out anyway so there was no point in lying to her. She smiled at him lightly and sympathetically. "I know sweetie, it's the worst situation, but one day you'll be able to explain it all to her, I'm sure she'll understand." Allison reassured him once more but he dropped his gaze.