Chapter 4 - Gaining Control

Stiles woke to a car pulling up in his driveway. He quickly jumped out of bed he knew who it was. It was Lydia. He put on a grey t-shirt and raced to the bathroom to quickly check his appearance. His hair was a brown fluffy mess and the top of his hair so he attempted to try and fix it up but of course it didn't work. He gave up and jumped downstairs as there was a knock on the door. He opened it to find Lydia smiling at him. As usual she looked gorgeous, but also a bit more carefree then she would do normally. She wore some black leggings, with a blue t-shirt, her jacket and for a change she wasn't wearing heels but brown ankle boots. Her hair was left down and naturally curly and her makeup was light.

He stood in awe for a bit, before smiling back and stepping aside to let her in. As she walked past him, he became overwhelmed with her scent that he loved so much. She carefully took of her jacket and placed it on the hook before turning back around to him. They both stood there in silence for a few seconds more before she raised an eyebrow at him questionably.

"Well come on then you doofus!" She said happily before grabbing his hand and pulling him to the sofa. She took him by surprise, her fingers burning holes into his skin and creating electricity that ran from his fingertips all around his body. They both sat down and she kicked of her boots before pulling her legs underneath her. Stiles sat down at the other end of the couch, he was scared to get closer. He looked down at a pillow he'd placed on his lap and begun to play with a loose thread.

"So what are we going to watch? I was thinking a Harry Potter marathon!" Lydia said excitedly while turning to face him. Stiles looked up glancing at her and flashing her a quick smile before looking back down. "Oh okay what's the matter with you today? I've barely heard a peep out of you since I got here and that's odd especially for you and now you're sitting as far away from me as possible like I have a disease!" Lydia stated slightly annoyed.

"I thought we talked about this? it's okay alright you won't hurt me and I know you can't control it yet but that's fine okay we're gonna get through this but you have to let me in for me to help you." Lydia said calmly moving his head up so he was looking at her. "I...I know I just...i don't know I guess I just feel stupid for not being able to be in control like I mean come on I shouldn't be scared of hurting you I should be stronger than that." Stiles admitted.

"Look look okay don't be too hard on yourself you know it's difficult but we can get through it but if you're going to learn control you gotta trust yourself around me alright because I can't help you if you keep pushing me away" she said sympathetically. Stiles looked at her, he didn't mean to push her away in fact he wanted nothing more than to bring her closer where he could love and protect her.

"Okay I'm sorry I-I just got to admit though you...erm...make me nervous" Stiles said shyly giving her a soft smile. She laughed lightly and moved closer to him until she was sat next to him. "Really?" Lydia asked, her eyes lighting up. Stiles nodded feeling ashamed. "Well here.." Lydia quickly stood up of the couch and pulled him up too. "Hug me" Lydia demanded. Stiles gulped. "Erm...what? Why?" He questioned quickly his palms beginning to get sweaty and his lack of control was dwindling by the minute.

"Come on this will help you as soon as you realise that you won't hurt me every time you touch me you'll remain in control more and you're one of my closest friends I should be allowed to hug you whenever I want werewolf or not" Lydia responded holding her arms out. Despite the word "friend" coming from her lips made him cringe, he complied.

"Erm...O-okay" Stiles stepped closer and hugged her. He wrapped his long arms around her waist and held her to him which made her squeak slightly in happiness. His body sparked with her touch and he could not only hear her heartbeat but feel it. He sighed into her hair, pushing his face further into her neck and letting go all the fear he was holding on to. Lydia smiled, she felt so safe in his arms and never wanted him to let go.

Stiles suddenly felt his grip on control leave him and his senses heightened, bringing back certain urges he was trying so hard to push away. He quickly pulled away from her, his body suddenly feeling cold and empty without her touch. She looked at him shocked. "What is it? What's the mat...oh" Lydia stopped mid sentence when she saw his eyes. They were glowing bright like the sun.

She pushed away her sudden fear that she felt and grabbed his hands. "Hey hey it's alright okay look you can fight this alright you're the one in control" she reassured him. "No I can't Lydia I really don't know what's wrong with me I- I mean Scott was never this bad." he argued pulling his hands from her grip and waving them around in frustration. "Stop it okay! Stop comparing yourself to Scott! You're not him you're you and everyone handles the Bite differently!" She retorted back standing closer to him while placing her hands on his shoulders in an attempt to get him to calm down.

"I know but.." Stiles attempted to say but Lydia cut him off. "No okay, now look at me and focus you can do it alright just concentrate...concentrate on everything that makes you human, everything that grounds you and prevents you from turning full wolf now focus alright." Lydia said calmly her gaze intense and clear. Stiles nodded his head.

He looked into her eyes again before closing them and focusing on everything she told him too, but what he didn't quite realise was that it was her. She was the one that grounded him, that brought him back to being human with the run of emotions she made him feel. He focused on everything, her laugh, her smile, how she always amazed him with her intelligence and witt and just how beautiful she actually was. He realised now just how much she anchored him and how important anchors were. He felt his urges decrease and his senses go down. He opened his eyes finally. He had full control.

Lydia looked at him and smiled. "You did it!" She squealed and lifted her arms up to hug him again before remembering. "Oh sorry I forgot.." she said sadly. "No it's okay alright I can do it" Stiles said quickly before rushing back to the warmth of her small body and holding his arms around her. She laughed and hugged him back. He would do anything for this girl, she owned his heart, she just didn't know it.