ix. DRUNKEN DECISIONS

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫

• ₊°✧ ˗ ˏ ˋ ♡ ˎˊ ˗

YELLING COULD BE heard in Nanami's apartment, the "couple" was fighting over his career again, it's been like this lately, incoherent yelling and the occasional groans of frustration was something his neighbours were used to by now.

Nanami was constantly at work, leaving you getting stood up at your dates over and over again, you were sick of it, maybe you had no right to complain about this to him, you weren't his girlfriend, but this was getting out of hand.

For the past few days, you had been silently hoping he would finally ask you the question you were longing to say 'yes' to, but all you got was the occasional check in's from him when he would bail on you.

"My job is important to me, I thought you understood that!", the fight had probably lasted a few hours now, you were sitting on one of his leather couches, clearly tired from all the yelling.

"I do understand that-", your voice was only above a whisper now, before you could finish your reply, he cut you off, this time he was sitting next to you.

"I know I've bailed on our dates recently, but you're not my girlfriend, you have no right to complain to me about my job, it's my priority"

His tone was serious, he didn't yell this time, but you wish he did, so you could blame it on his anger, what he said was right, but hearing him say it irked you so much.

"Then why won't you ask me to be your girlfriend, why won't you make me a priority?"

Silence, you feared this would happen, that he would realize that the reason why he wouldn't ask you out, was because he didn't like you as much as you liked him.

"I don't know"

Hearing him say that felt like listening to someone scratching a chalkboard or a porcelain plate, it was dreadful. Torturing even.

You walk out of his place, completely silent. Today has been hell for you, you hoped that seeing Nanami would brighten your day a little.

You walk into the concrete pavement outside the building, it was much quieter now than earlier on the day, some of the stores were closing in for the day, there were little to no cars on the road anymore.

The only people still out at this time were employees going home from overtime, drunk people throwing up on the sidewalk and joggers who like to jog at night.

You went wherever your feet took you. You then look back to the memory of yesterday afternoon, when you and Gojo were eating lunch together as always. You had remembered his offer. It was a bad idea to go to him, he was the last person you should be going to right now.

But you just followed your feet and wherever it took you to.

Confused was the word to describe your emotions right now, you couldn't forget the prickling sensation of Gojo's pink lips on your soft skin.

Things with Nanami weren't the best as of lately, the last thing you needed was this feeling of uncertainty towards the man you thought you liked and to the man you thought you never would.

In your mind, avoiding Gojo was the best decision to do for now. You had to settle your relationship with Nanami, before dealing with the white haired man's feelings towards you.

You knew this was the responsible way to deal with this chaos, but every lingering eye contact you shared, every time your hands ever so slightly grazed upon each other, made your mind go blank, your stomach filled with that giddy feeling you once felt around Nanami.

You knew how to deal with this responsibly, but you still found yourself knocking at Gojo's apartment door late at night, after you and Nanami had fought over his career again. This was wrong, you knew that, but just like every interaction you had with Gojo so far, your mind was blank.

You knock on his door, your mind still a little hazy from the exhaustion of today, after hearing a few thuds and foot steps, he finally opens the door.

He opens the door wider, inviting you inside. His place was fairly clean, though there were random clothes on the floor and the couch, but it was cozy.

"So, what brings you here?", you whip your head to his direction, you take a deep breathe, slowly approaching him with caution in your steps.

You stare into his ocean eyes, almost getting lost in them, you cup his cheeks and smash your lips against his.

Gojo's eyes widen, pure shock written on his face, before giving into your passionate make-out session.

The feeling of your soft lips intertwining with his was heaven, your arms wrap around his neck, his hands finds their way to your waist.

The both of you were completely sober, but you were making drunken decisions.

©kiyocey