Sub/Domspace

I explained it briefly in another chapter, but I wanted a separate one, just to explain the differences and similarities better

So yeah. Have fun reading-

꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒥꒷꒷꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥꒷꒷꒥

Subspace is more or less described as a feeling of floating, flying or being in a state of mind you usually experience when you're drunk or maybe tipsy.

This feeling - of course - is different for everyone.

Subspace typically has two meanings.

Either you slip into your submissive role. Or you enter the mindset after a harder scene.

Subspace is the ultimate goal for a submissive, and makes the scene better. Being in the the "headspace" makes the feeling stronger.

This emotional and psychological result is brought on by an influx of adrenaline and endorphins.

A release of the natural chemicals epinephrine, endorphins, and enkephalins contribute to drug inducing emotions. These chemicals are a part of the fight or flight response which stimulates a morphine-like result.

The chemicals increase pain tolerance and create a floating feeling when pain is introduced.

For many, a subspace creates a high feeling. The pain is gone, problems disappear, pleasure gets more intense and your current state of mind is dizzy from joyful feelings.

 The pain is gone, problems disappear, pleasure gets more intense and your current state of mind is dizzy from joyful feelings

Like always, there are a few warnings, especially for a dom.

Subspace is a stronger headspace, and your sub may not know how far they can go and when their limit is reached and maybe even fpregrt some things (plus having trouble to answer questions that can't be answered with a yes or no)

So maybe stop what you're doing, and try to calm the sub a bit, or completely stop, especially when you're new to this or your relationship just began.

Another warning is, that when this feeling subsides, and often too fast, it can lead to a sub drop. (This and dom drop is explained further in the next chapter)

╰─⊱╰─⊱╰─⊱╰─⊱╰─⊱╰─⊱

Dom space is an intense, altered state of consciousness that a Dominant may feel during a scene.

After Dom space subsides, (like with sub space) it’s common for Dominants to feel an emotional and physical lull known as Dom drop.

Dom space requires the right atmosphere or trigger in order for the dominant to enter dom space. For some Doms, this could be something as simple as the submisive kneeling without being told to or as complex as a very involved/intense scene.

There has only been little throughout research on dom space, but people who have experienced it, say it can feel like being high on drugs, with heightened sensations and a feeling as if you’re out of your body. 

It was also reported, that they have an enhanced sense of intuition and a stronger, more intimate connection with their submissive/partner.
Many also lose track of time and forget about the world around them.

After the scene, it's important to proceed with after care.

And that doesn't mean the Dominant should spoil his sub. The subs should tell their doms about it too, how much they loved the scene, how proud they are, etcetera.

Dominants are a big part of the scene, and even though they love the control, they sometimes want to be taken care of too

Dominants are a big part of the scene, and even though they love the control, they sometimes want to be taken care of too. They're also just humans with feelings.

Aftercare examples:
•talk about the scene
•take a bath and relax together (scented candles, light out and just feel each other)
•cuddle in bed
•maybe take some time alone (separately) to think
•a massage

-------------------------------

Yupp that's it. Next chapter will be about the sub- and dom drop.