Chapter 10

This is not happening, I thought he was dead, this can't happen to me. 

"No," I said 

"I'm sorry," Zayn said in a sorrowful voice.

"I'm sorry babe, I needed to leave you and make you think that I was dead otherwise they would come after you" zayn quickly rushed out trying to put himself in more trouble

Third-person pov

she held her breath and the words she wanted to say. but that didn't stop her tears. they had a mind of their own and fell anyway.

"who, who would come after me?" she ended with a soft tone while her brothers and father are standing behind her trying to figure out how they know each other.

"were they dating?" Riccardo questioned his sons

"How would I know, don't ask me..."Dante replied

"I mean they could just be friends?" Alessandro replied uneasily after imagining the two dating each other.

"No, I don't think friends would have matching tattoos, look at zayn's wrist," Alessio said hoping the girl zayn always talked about was their Farfalla, he always talked about her with so much love and you could see the adoration seeping through his eyes. he always remembers that one way he described her

flashback

 it was the anniversary of when the two met, no one knew why zayn used to go clubbing on this day every year and drink his sorrows away thinking that she forgot about him, and thinking on how he should not have faked his death.

after a long night of drinking and partying, he called Alessio to pick him up and send him home, he was too drunk to drive. 

when Alessio reached he asked why he always got drunk on this day

"it's because of her, I miss her, I miss her smile, her contagious laughter. I loved the feel of her, even when she was gone, her voice whispers in my ear and her delicate touch lingers on my skin. I'm not sure of anything but I'm sure I loved her with a certain depth even the deepest of poets wouldn't understand, she was my rock which kept me grounded.

she was hurting, but she didn't run away from it. she embraced the pain. because' when it is deep, that is what has to be done. you have to feel your way out of the darkness when you can see the light.' is what she used to say." he said in a voice that was a few seconds away from breaking.

"you think that you know what is love until someone comes along and they rewrite the book. and you realize what you knew of love was so limited and so primitive. and whether they go or remain, one thing is certain,your life is never really the same," he said the Longines evident in his voice, like he just wanted to return in her embrace, and from that day on. Alessio knew the true meaning of love and respected whoever zayn was talking about as he could see it evident on his face that they were to be respected from the effect she had on him.

End flashback

"You wouldn't understand Elda, I'm not a regular person, I do bad things," Zayn said hoping she would not question more

"Me too, I do bad things too, I was waiting for you to tell me but you never did,"Elda replied, her voice shattering

"I'm sorry I can't do this, I've gotta go, "Elda said running up to her room.