Chapter 4 :A Normal Day

Rylee

The alarm blared: 10:00 am. Sigh. Finally, a Sunday, I can rest. There is nothing to do but lounge about. I slept for 12 hours straight. I feel refreshed and I have 24 hours left...since it's a holiday.

I glance at my mobile and see new messages from Ridley, Aqua, and (unsurprisingly) Pax.

Ridley: Hey, there's a robbery case... See you tomorrow
PS: Food's in the fridge

I smile. It was kind of an unspoken rule between us; we make lunch/ supper if the other person is working late.

I scroll down.                                                                                                                            Aqua: Are you free? I need to talk                                                                                    Talk about what? Don't get me wrong, Aqua and I are friends, but she doesn't talk much. She and I are operation solving besties. In fact, I met her on my first surgery. It was a complicated one, but I couldn't be more grateful when Aqua joined the team. At first, I didn't know she was wealthy. She acted tough on the outside but was sweet on the inside. You could say Aqua has many hidden cards in her hand that I haven't seen yet.

Pax : Surgery on Friday. And I need to talk to you tomorrow. 

Putting away my phone, I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Damn, I love the smell of fresh clothes. I trudge towards the fridge to find out what Ridley has made for me. I open the door and stare at the food he's made. Ridley is the best chef in the world. One taste, and you would feel hungry for his food. I often told him to take up a gig as a chef, but he never gave me the reason as to why he didn't. 

Hmm, there's a list under a magnet; I guess we need to stock up on groceries.I sway to Butter by BTS and start making pancakes with strawberries on top and chocolate syrup. I gulp the milk, singing the chorus.

Quiet mornings... I could get used to this. I live in a house with my brother, and we have each other. Even though the "enemy" is out there, Pax told us that no one ever finds us.

I took my laundry out of the dryer. I folded my clothes, tucking them away into my closet. Our house is bigger than usual apartments. Pax found this place when he was going to become a doctor. His family is loaded, and being an only child, his family gave him a nice and loaded house to live in. We have a lot of rooms, most of which I haven't even set foot in. Especially the special room which Pax goes into. All he said was that we would find out when the time is right. 

Right time? God knows when that's going to be...

Oh God, I almost forgot the groceries. I slipped into a plain red T-shirt and brown pants.

I am ready to go shopping! I go out with the handbag and return with a lot in my hands.