Chapter 6- Ridley to the rescue

RYLEE

Aqua and I were in the parking lot. We managed to change our hair style. We stepped into the mall, Macy's, to be exact. 

I told Aqua that we were going to pretend that we were shopping or, in the worst case scenario, make a "scene." She nodded.

We peered at the thugs. Black suits. Why the hell did they want us? I continued my fake shopping. I glanced at Aqua. The woman was a pro; comparing products, asking doubts. I joined her.

I overheard the thugs asking about two women - a blonde and a brunette. They had photos on their phones too...When did they get those? How long had they been watching? It couldn't have started today... I turned to pick up another product, gazing at their mobile screen through the corner of my eyes.

A man was approaching Aqua. I had moved away from her to peek at the mobile phone. Aqua looked oblivious to the approaching figure. She saw a product and picked it up from the shelves and put it in the cart.

It was peak time, and people were rushing in. I got an idea. I texted Aqua. She looked at her phone and smiled. And then a man's arm wrapped around her shoulders.

I hear a familiar voice.

"Honey, where were you?"

It was Ridley.