Chapter 29

December 1980

"Which one do you like more?" Pandora held a green and a red dress in either hand, "they're the only two they don't make me look like a whale."

"You don't look—"

"Oh, don't even, Xeno, I'm gigantic," Pandora laughed, "come on, which one do you fancy?"

"Red," Xenophilius said, leaning back on her headboard.

"Oi, keep your shoes off the bed," Pandora warned, stepping into her dress.

"Need help?" He asked.

"Yeah," Pandora groaned, "can't reach the zipper, can you get it for me."

"Of course," he came up behind her and pulled the zipper up the seam, "who's going to be there again?"

"It's just the Tonks and us," Pandora said, "the boys are at the Potter's, and Adora's going home to spend it with her family."

"Really? That's it?" Xenophilius asked again.

"Yeah, I suppose everyone is keeping it family this year," Pandora said, "nobody knows who to trust—with the war and everything."

"Great we have no family then, innit," Xenophilius snorted.

"Xeno!" Pandora whacked his arm, "that's so not funny."

"Come on, you wanted to laugh," Xenophilius grinned.

"Come on, you Loon," Pandora smiled, "we're going to be late." 

"Where's the gifts?" Xenophilius asked.

"Under the tree," Pandora said, putting the back on her earring.

"Got them," Xenophilius said, "you go first, I'll meet you."

"Ok, thank you," Pandora kissed his cheek, "see you in a minute."

She stepped into the fire and disappeared with green flames.

"Auntie Dora!" Nymphadora shrieked, launching herself onto Pandora as soon as she stepped out of the fireplace.

"Hey, you," Pandora smiled, "Happy Christmas, Nymph."

"Happy Christmas," Nymphadora grinned, "Auntie Dora, your stomach looks like a balloon."

"Nymphadora Tonks!" Andromeda stood with her hands on her hips, "that is rude, you apologize to Aunt Dora right this second."

"Sorry," Nymphadora frowned.

"It's alright, little Tonks," Pandora smiled, reaching out to hug Andromeda, "Happy Christmas, Andy."

"Happy Christmas," Pandora smiled in her embrace.

"Where's Xenophilius?" Andromeda asked, pulling away.

"Right behind me," Pandora said.

"It looks like baby dropped," Andromeda said, regarding Pandora's stomach.

"Yeah, making me have to take a piss every two minutes," Pandora rolled her eyes.

"Oi, not in front of the child, Dora," Xenophilius joked as he stepped through the fire.

"It's alright, Mummy says bad words all the time," Nymphadora giggled.

"Do not!" Andromeda gasped, "you take that back!"

"No!"

"I'm afraid you leave me no choice but to summon the tickle monster."

Nymphadora shrieked and ran away, hiding behind Ted Tonk's legs.