Part 6 ~ Until Sunrise

Michael's Point Of View ~

This place is so beautiful. The trees all around blow gently. The smell is fresh. The view . . breathtaking as nothing but grass is seen for miles, it appears. A pool and even a fire pit on the outside. And as for the house on the inside - a large space indeed. A master bedroom with a king double bed and a bathroom attached, even. The plunk sound as each of our bags hit the recently polished floor boards. I giggle softly as I see Ella fall back onto the bed.

"So comfy . . " She says, smiling. 

This weekend away is just what Ella and I need. After everything that has happened . . this is something that we never thought we would get to experience again. We would always go away together, spend time with each other and absent from others. Until I got very sick. And all of that . . had to stop, of course. I leap onto the bed myself, landing on my stomach and elbows. A smile on my face the entire time.

"Oh yes, very comfy . . " 

I lay down on my stomach completely. My arms out straight as well as my legs.

"Okay. Let's stay here until sunrise . . " 

I say. Ella giggles at my words. I hold out my hand to her, she takes it. We walk all through the rest of the house hand in hand. Our amazement oozes out of us both as our eyes focus on everything around. A spacious kitchen and the a lounge room with all the fixins - three seater couch, air conditioning, flat screen television and this time, an indoor fire place is here. Wow. The decorations are spectacular too. A variety of different paintings occupy most walls. Black and white chiefly with a space of red . . but some would argue it's even a maroon. Ella looks outside once again. The view is something you will never grow tired of. 

"I love it here, Michael . . " 

Ella sweetly says. Her eyes set on the exterior of this spectator establishment. She seems blown away by it. Living in the city, we never get to see what nature can really offer the world. I walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her. I rest my chin upon her shoulder . . her hands come up and take a loose hold on my arms. I feel her lean back into me. Her reflection faintly seen in the glass that we stand in front of. She looks calm, at peace. It makes me very happy to see her this way . . finally. She has been through so much this past year, especially.

We both have. 

The sound of a rumble is heard suddenly. But instantly we both know it's not the rumble of a storm that has unexpectedly come through . . but the rumble of Ella's stomach. The giggle that she makes is the sweetest sound. We make our way towards the kitchen with my arms still around her her waist. We both stop once we stand in the kitchen . . grocery shopping done already on our way here. 

"What are you hungry for, Ella? . . " 

I ask her before my lips attach to her naked shoulder. I hear a soft hmm as she thinks. Her coconut scented skin and the smell of mixed berry from her hair invades my nostrils. 

"What about pancakes? . . " 

Ella responses with a question it sounds. I giggle as I know it is nowhere near breakfast as it has well and truly pasted. But later afternoon now. Nevertheless, I agree. Ella scurries off with a skip in her step. She returns with her hands loaded up with plastic shopping bags that holds the ingredients. The unopened milk carton, flour, butter and sugar is tipped onto the kitchen bench top with no real care while an egg is placed very gently upon along with a small glass bottle of vanilla extract. I retrieve a large bowl and spoon that this Airbnb has graciously provided for us. Ella gathers up her long brown locks, restraining it into a messy bun. She claps her hands, rubbing them together. She is ready. Her excitement is undeniable. It makes me chuckle.