"You're a virgin?"

Liz's POV

Winnie flew above a grave. She started speaking a spell. All of a sudden the ground started to break apart. We all stared down at the grave with fear in our eyes. Winnie let out another cackle as a hand emerged from the soil.

My eyes grew wide in fear and shock. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. 

I turned to face Max and Allison. I grabbed Max's hand and held it tight. 

From the ground emerged a man, a dead man. He was covered in dirt and leaves. The month was sewn shut, Billy Butcherson. A zombie, great. 

"Get them you fool" Winnie cried. 

All five of us ran. We followed Binx as we lead us. I've never been so scared, Max and I had somehow got separated. But I was too focused on running to stop and look for him. I know some friend I was. 

Binx leads us to a cement building. It said Old Salem Crypt. One by one we ducked into the crypt. It was dark and had cobwebs everywhere. What a bad time to be scared of spiders. Finally, as we all got in there Max joined us. I could finally relax a little knowing that he was ok and not dead. 

We all calmed a little and slowed our pace to a walk. But we always made sure no one was following us. Allison, Binx, and Dani all walked ahead; I and Max walked behind. 

"So Liz, what do you like to do for fun" he chuckled. 

"Um, other than run from witches and zombies. I like to volunteer. I love animals, and hanging out with my friends." As I talked I noticed how he looked at me. 

"So what about you?" I nudged his shoulder and smiled. 

Before he answered he grabbed my hand again. I flinched but relaxed after a minute. 

"I like to play the drums, and hang out with friends. I guess I like being there for Dani" he flashed a smile. 

I could feel myself falling harder and harder for him. His face, his smile, his eye, hair, personality, laugh. Everything. I liked everything about him, but I couldn't stop and think about last time. What if Max hurt me? No matter how sweet he seemed now. Would he hurt me in the end?

I pulled my hand away, he looked confused. 

"Um, Allison told me you didn't date anymore." he filled the silence. 

"Yeah. I and my ex-boyfriend ended things on bad terms. I just worry about who I fall in love with now." I hesitated. 

"Elizabeth, I would never do anything to hurt you. I really like you Liz, and I'm willing to prove myself trustworthy."  He gave me a reassuring smile.

Right then and there I knew Max was different. It may sound weird but I trusted him. I felt like his words were full of truth and he didn't need to earn my trust anymore. He had all my trust. 

I smiled back, the group in front of us stopped and looked up. There was a manhole. I guess we're going up there. 

  Max climbed up and moved the manhole. Binx hopped up there. I couldn't see what happened but I heard Allison gasp and Max groan and drop the cover. A minute later we were all up out of the hole. We looked down to see Binx, crushed on the pavement. Dani started to cry, and I looked away. 

All of a sudden Binx's chest inflated like a balloon and he was back up like nothing happened. 

"Dani, are you ok?" he asked the crying girl. 

"Yeah" she smiled 

"Well let's go." He ran and we followed him. 

We spotted a police officer and ran over to ask for help. I knew he wouldn't believe us but it was worth a try. We rushed up to him and all at once tried to explain what was going on. 

"He's a virgin and he lit the black flame candle," Dani said. 

The officer stopped and looked at max. 

"You're a virgin?" he asked surprised. 

"Yeah,"

"Really?" he smiled. 

"Yeah, I'll get it tattoed on my face" he lost his patience. 

"Hey! I put my life on the line for you kids. Now get out of here" he ordered. 

We all hurried off and stopped down the street. 

"What are we going to do now?" I asked. 

"We need to talk to my parents," Max said. 

"Where are they?" Allison asked. 

"At a party in the town hall", Dani chimed in. 

"Well, I guess we're going dancing" I smiled trying to lighten the mood. 

Max looked at me and smiled. 

*Author's Note*

Hey everyone. I'm back, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. But now everything is back to normal. Thank you all so much for 1k reads. I didn't think this story would take off but it did and I'm so thankful you all of you. I'm glad you all like this story as much as I do.