"I put a spell on you"

Liz's POV

We had made our way to the town hall. The room was filled with adults dressed in crazy costumes. It was going to be impossible to find Max's parents.  

Max grabbed my hand as we weaved in and out of all the people. Dani and Allison kept close behind us. But eventually, we were all split up looking for Mr. and Mrs. Dennison. But bad thing was that I or Allison didn't know what they normally looked like, so looking for them was going to be 10x harder. 

I went up to everyone and asked them if they were Mr. or Mrs. Dennison or if they'd seen them. Nothing so far, I was starting to get frustrated. This was never going to work, we were going to get killed by a bunch of witches that died a  couple of 100 or so years ago.  My attention was turned to the stage, the main singer was fighting with someone over the mic. It was Max, oh gosh what was he doing? 

I looked around the area and spotted Allison, I pushed my way towards her. 

"Your kids are in danger!" Max yelled into the Mic. The room got silent and a parent called out, "What do you mean?". 

"Three hundred years ago the Sanderson sisters kidnapped kids, and now they're back from the dead," the crowd erupted into laughter. Max was notably frustrated. 

"Hey, this serious. It's not a joke!" I saw a man in a Dracula costume start to walk to the stage, he was standing next to Dani, it must have been their dad. "I know how this sounds, but they're here tonight. Right over there!" Max points to the middle of the crowd. A huge spotlight lands on them. My heart stops and I'm finding it hard to breathe. 

"Thank you, Max. For that marvelous introduction." Winifred coos. 

"I put a spell on you, and now you're mine. You can't stop the things I do, I tell you, I ain't lying" she starts to sing. She moves closer to the stage. 

"No, don't listen! Don't listen to them, cover your ears!" Dani cries, she starts to move over to me and Allison. I put my hands over my ears and Allison follows. 

"It's been 300 years, right down to the day. Now the witch is back, and there's hell to pay. I put a spell on you.." The mic is ripped out of Max's hand, "Good joke, Happy Halloween." The lead singer says. 

"No, I'm serious, you have to listen to me! Please!" Max pleads again. 

"Yeah, right, ok." 

Max rushes off stage towards us. He grabs us and we all try and get out of there. Our hands still cover our ears. 

"And nooooww yoouurr miiinnne!" Winifred sings. 

Mary and Sarah get on stage with her and start to be her backup singers. 

Once we were out of there we hid in an alley behind a restaurant. Max came up to me, he looked very upset. "I'm so sorry, Liz. I didn't mean to start any of this, and drag you and your sister into this mess." he ran a hand through his hair.  I put a hand on his cheek and he froze. I looked into his eyes. 

"Max, it's not your fault that you're a dumb virgin who loves lighting candles," I joked, he softly laughed. 

"And other than the whole people trying to kill us, I think our first date is going well," He looked stunned. "Maybe we can try again, you know maybe a calm movie?" I smiled. 

Before I knew what was happening Max started to lean in. He placed his hands on my hips and started to pull me closer. My heart raced, and my breath hitched. "You know, I like you a lot, Liz?" he whispered. I leaned in and before our lips touched I whispered, "I like you too, Max."

He closed the space between us. It was a perfect kiss in the most terrible situation. I could feel Max start to smile in the kiss, and slowly pull away. He was grinning so big that I couldn't help but do the same. 

"um, sorry to interrupt this magical moment but do you remember the three witches are trying to kill us?" Dani interpreted. Then my heart started to race for all the wrong reasons. 

*Sorry it took me so long to update. I just haven't had the motivation for this story. But I recently watched Hocus Pocus again (yes, even though it's July) and I got the inspiration again. I will finish this story don't worry. Love you guys. (Word count 773)*