Chapter 3

Y/n= Your name

.

.

.

Location The Milano.

(3rdpov)

Drax: I am watching you, rodent.

Rocket: What's that supposed to mean?

Drax: It is common knowledge that rodents hoard. Nuts, Stolen technology. Units.

Rocket: (sigh) Okay, first off, I ain't a hoarder nor a rodent.

Drax: I know you have a stash hidden aboard the ship. Fetch it. Now.

Rocket: There ain't nothing to fetch! Groot blew our stash on Contraxia! And the rest I gave to Quill and Gamora for the d'ast Quarantine Zone access code.

Drax: Peter Quill, tell the rodent that his selfishness endangers us all.

Peter: Rocket, we could really use any extra units you have.

Rocket: How do I got to spell it out for you? I. Don't. Got. No. Units.

Peter: Fair enough.

Drax: You believe his lies?!

Rocket: Oh, I ain't lying. Why don't you leave me alone and bother someone else instead?

Drax: I intend to. (walks away)

Rocket: What do you want, Quill? If you're looking for units, check your own room. So, you here to talk or you just want a gear upgrade?

Peter: Still upset with me?

Rocket: I'd be a lot better if we didn't have three cycles to pay a fine.

Peter: Hey, remember that time on Khan-Lar? With the Badoon and that really hot A'askavarian girl?

Rocket: Yeah, her buddies would've spaced your stupid humie butt if me and Groot hadn't busted in.

Peter: I had things under control! Mostly.

Rocket: Ha! Too bad you're broke, Quill, I should be chargin' you for all the times we saved you.

Peter: Name one other time you saved me.

Rocket: Contraxia. Knowhere. Paramatar. Ceres. Contraxia again. Malador--

Peter: Okay, okay, okay. So I owe you. Big.

Rocket: I shoulda turned you in for Yondu's bounty. Sure as scut wouldn't be scrounging for units to pay off your Nova girlfriend.

Peter: Ex-girlfriend. But admit it, you like being a Guardian of the Galaxy.

Rocket: Still on the fence about the brand name, but keeping the Milano as collateral was a pretty smart move.

Peter: Never agreed to that.

Rocket: If you'd rather I turn you in...

Peter: Don't worry. I know you put a lot into this team. I'll make it up to you.

Rocket: You better.

Peter walks away and finds Drax outside the bathroom.

Drax: Peter Quill, order the tree to open this door. I am certain the rodent has hidden a stash of units within the latrine. He must have asked his well-meaning accomplice to retrieve the sum and hide it from us.

Peter: Alright, I'll check on him and tell you if he's doing anything weird.

Drax: Acceptable.

Peter: Groot? You okay in there? Think you could open the door for a minute?