Chapter 8

Y/n= Your Name

.

.

.

.

Location Hala's Hope.

(3rdPov)

Rocket: Okay, I'm in! But I got bad news, lover boy!

Peter: What's you find?

Rocket: Come here and I'll show you.

Peter makes his way over to Rocket.

Peter: So... What am I looking at?

Rocket: Nothing.

Peter: She's the captain. Captains keep logs.

Gamora: You keep logs?

Rocket: I'm trying to tell ya they're gone. All of them. Almost like the Worldmind went out of its way to sever everything.

Drax: Have you tried turning it off and on?

Gamora: What about backups? Doesn't every Nova ship have a central hub, or something?

Rocket: A Nexus mainframe, yeah. If there's ghosts anywhere in the system, that's where--

Drax: I categorically refuse.

Peter: Not literal ghosts, Drax. He's talking about data. Right?

Rocket: Yes! we'd have to access the Nexus directly. Means going to the bridge.

Y/n: Alright then what are we doing still standing here let's get moving.

Rocket: Center of operations it is. According to the ship's map, the bridge should be right through here.

.

.

.

The Team starts walking across a glass walkway.

Rocket: Dog report item! It's one of them priests down there, ain't it?

Peter: Okay, so looks like the Church is behind this.

The Walkway starts to crack. And then they all fall down right behind the priest. The priest turns around and takes off his robe and it turns out to be a Big robot. The robot fires a beam at them Team and the team move out of the walk just in time to not get hit. This by far has been one of hardest things the Guardians had to fight. The Guardians working together have managed to get the robot to its knees. Y/n and Groot both pull an arm off, leaving the robot arm less so Y/n take this opportunity to get on top of the robot and  stab it with one of his Blades in its head killing the robot.

Drax: We must tell the dog about the pries.

Gamora: Robot priest.

Rocket: I am Groot.

Rocket: Groot says the mutt's not answering.

Y/n: Well that's just great.

Peter: Keep trying. Rest of us can focus on figuring a way out.

Gamora: Really? This is the server room, right? And servers mean data?

Rocket: I can't just plug servers into my skull. I still need a central terminal.

Peter: You said the bridge was on the other side of that corridor. So we just gotta make our way across and then up... somehow.

Rocket: So... how do we get across?