making a decision

It was a week before Thanksgiving, Melissa was studying in the library when Jake walked up to her. "hey Melissa, would you like to go grab a coffee?" She agreed happily and grabbed her stuff. They were on their way when she remembered what happened with Mike, Jake didn't do a thing. Thinking back to that moment made Melissa feel terrible the whole time, during coffee they talked a bit about the holidays and the rest of the year but Melissa felt really uncomfortable. After an hour she went to her room and her mom called, asking her how she was doing. Melissa told about her time at college and how she was feeling and then her mom asked if she already knew what boy she would take to the familydinner on thanksgiving. She said she didn't know yet and decided to focus more on that, so when she saw Vex in the hallway she asked him if he would like to go for a walk. They talked and had a great time, he asked her If she was okay and if her ex had left her alone since they last saw eachother. Melissa said she was happy that he did not reach out anymore and thanked Vex again. She also told him that she was really disapointed in Jake for not doing anything when Mike showed up, Vex smirked and agreed. Melissa noticed the smirk but decided not to say anything about it, but why did he smirked?

That night Melissa thought of the walk she had with Vex and felt really good about it, maby she should start to get to know him better. So she texted him goodnight and asked if he wanted to grab lunch tomorrow. He responded imidiatly and said that he would love that, they agreed to meet at one the next day. She fell asleep thinking about the pro's and cons of both Jake and Vex.

The next morning she got up, feeling really good. She got ready and while she was eating breakfast in the cafeteria, Jake took a seat next to her. She still did not feel comfortable at all next to him, it made her feel really unsure. She cut off the conversation by saying she was going to her class so she could get rid of the bad feeling. During class she made eye contact with Vex a few times, which made her feel really good again. 

Vex and Melissa met at a small lunchroom and took a seat in the corner, they both decided to get a cup of soup and and a chai latte. Then she asked him about his past and how his life was before college, cause she had never asked him about that. So he started to tell her about it:

"Well when I was younger I did a few things that i really am not proud of and I have been in a few different high schools. Also, a few were for kids with issues, and those things made me feel even worse and made my behavior worse. But when I turned 18 I decided to change my life, to really work on myself and how i behaved. I started focusing on school, my health and my future . Then after a year, I graduated and I went to this college."

Melissa was overwhelmed by the story, wow you really have been thru some shit then she said after hearing his story. Yeah, he responded, but how is your past then? He asked. Well pretty simple, just went to school I was a pretty good student. And yeah that's kinda it Melissa said. Well that seems nice I think, Vex responded. They both ate their soup and talked for a bit more, after they finished Melissa was sure she wanted to take Vex to thanksgiving with her family. When they were walking back she decided to ask him if he wanted to come. Yeah, i would love to he responded. They took their last classes and Melissa went to her room and called her mom that she knew who she was gonna take to thanksgiving. Her mom was very excited to meet him. Then Melissa went to sleep, thinking about how fun thanksgiving would be.