Chapter 3

Narcissa's POV:

As I was led to my first period class by my new friend Jo, I couldn't help but get lost in my thoughts. So much had just happened in the past half an hour and my brain was just now processing, that after being horribly mistreated by the faculty and students, I met a beautiful girl who gave me a hug and told me we would be the best of friends. Is this normal for muggle schools? Is everything in the muggle world bipolar? And why Jo? Why did I understand exactly what she meant when she said she had a gut feeling we would be an important part of each others lives? All I know is that I want to see her smile again. But her smile has been replaced by what muggles refer to as resting bitch face. If we weren't friends, I would avoid her at all costs just by the look on her face.

The halls were littered with students of all shapes and sizes. Many of the boys were wearing odd shirts with numbers on the back. They would make disgusting comments at Jo as we walked down the halls together.

"Yo boys its Cunt licker Carter!" One shouted.

Jo scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Ayo Carter! Save some for the rest of us!"

Jo kept walking but shouted back at them.

"Can't save something you're not getting Nicholson!"

I giggled a bit.

"The fuck you laughin at bitch?!" One of them yelled at me.

I blushed and kept my head down, trying to ignore them.

"Hey! I'm fuckin talking to you!" He said catching up to us. As soon as he got within arms length, he grabbed my shoulder and yanked it back so I was facing him.

"Jo!" I yelped, terrified of this man.

Jo whipped around and yanked his hand off of me, holding it in a firm grasp that he couldn't escape from.

"Don't you EVER fucking touch her again. Do you understand Nicholson?! She. Is. Off. Limits." Jo growled in a dangerous voice.

"S-sorry Jo. I was just playin around yknow?? No harm done." He said shakily.

"No harm done? She's shaking! You NEVER touch another girl without her permission! Or do I need to teach you another lesson?" She said venomously.

Another boy in another numbered shirt came up behind Nicholson and put a hand in his shoulder.

"She's right bro. Leave it alone."

Nicholson relented and walked off but the other boy stayed behind a moment.

"Zimmerman." Jo said plainly.

"Carter." He replied flashing a small smile.

"Sorry about him." Zimmerman said, facing me. "Football players can be hot heads. I'm Clayton. Whats your name?" He asked politely.

"Narcissa. Narcissa Black." I replied, still shaking a bit. Jo was holding my arm to comfort me which was greatly appreciated. "Jo's friend. I'm new here."

"Nice to meet you Narcissa. Jo and I go way back. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine."

Jo laughed.

"Oh yeah friends since the womb. See you in English, Zimmerman." She said before leading me off to a secluded part of the hall.

"Are you ok? I'm so sorry I didn't step in sooner. I promise as ling as I'm around nothing bad will happen to you." Jo was stammering, hugging me tightly.

"I'm ok now. Thanks to you. I really appreciate this Jo. I didn't realize a new school would be so... harsh. Also what the hell is football?"

Jo laughed as we walked to class finally reaching our destination.