Chapter 17. Comfort for an distant yet close old friend

"Time is mine to control! Now come to a halt!" Delta yelled as her ability would attack the world around her and bring time to a stand still. She ran towards the Pink Devil and would pull a pen out of her robe and then would click it causing it to expand into a long metal rod about the size of the Pink Devil's arm. "Now die, a mercy that you won't even feel the pain i am going to inflict thanks to the world of stopped time" She gloated as she would spin around preparing to send a full force and momentum fueled swing at her adversary.

The Pink Devil's flames that were held inside of his body would've blown out through his wounds and as he would focus on the green robed girl charging him with a metal rod he would take a deep breath as he felt something rug on the reigns of his urge to stab his hand through her. "KILL THEM WE DONT NEED THEIR INNER FLAMES THEY ARE USELESS TO US AND WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE HURT TO AIKO!" "Shut." Suddenly Joe felt himself regain control over his body as Pink flames exited his mouth and he would create a rod made of flames in his right hand to block the swing from Delta but even as he did he would feel the force from the swing travel through his arm and blood exploded out of his arm then quickly turned too flames as he would launch his knee forward and kick Delta in the stomach before latching his left arm around her neck "I'm no longer giving you control!" He yelled out as he would cover them both up flames and spun around at high speeds as the flames finally kicked in and would disable the group of assailants abilities and force time back onto its usual course. The firery tornado that formed around them glowed a bright pink as it turned a dark and almost reflective black, so weird it was to witness the flames go from a vibrant pink to a both absorbing and reflective black, once Joe let go of Delta she would be sent flying away from them and back towards the way she came as her robe caught on fire and started to quickly burn. She would've thrown the robe off as she pressed a secret button on the metal rod "Bastard!" She yelled as a platform appeared on the bottom of the rod and extended out to soften the landing Delta was going to take. Joe's hair had turned black entirely and his bright red Crimson eyes would have a soft glow to them. His expression would've seemed suprised as he seemed to check himself out before he locked onto the group again realizing he was being broadcasted after all. "Sorry bout this but frankly you'll thank me once this is all over" the now Crimson eyed demon said as he rose into the air using the black flames to propel him up "after all" his eyes glared once again as a sly smile crept onto his face before quickly being shunned away "I want you all to try your best!" And then he launched forward. Recruits ability finally kicked in and they jumped into action skipping time and moving his friends out of the way as Joe was forced into his movements, except it seemed he wasn't affected by the Time Skip due to him making dead eye contact with with Recruit.

Recruit froze as he felt his world of skipped time being invaded "now thats not so nice is it? How about we just" he disappeared before Recruit heard a voice whisper into his ear and a heat suddenly enter his body through his torso "don't play mean and let others have their turns, yeah? That sound good to you?" And time was forced back into the usual flow.

A giant flaming black scythe had pierced through Recruit and his white robe was stained with blood before he combusted and sent blood everywhere "I think I will call this form, Ego" Joe said as he looked towards the rest of the group who were stuck in shock and horror. He smiled as his Crimson eyes brightened and he slammed the scythe into the ground surrounding him, Alpha, Omega, and Private inside of a flaming dome. "My flames changed colors so I think it's fitting I switch up my weapon of choice" he let go of the scythe and it stayed as a sort of beacon for the dome, meanwhile Joe would form flame like claws that were attached to the back of his hands "Boo" he said calmly after licking some blood off of his hand.

Purity looked at the dome and sighed as she felt the voice nagging at her. "You should let me help them Purity" it said trying to guilt trip her "it's it's fault they'll die at his hand yknow" "Shut up I don't need to help them they can handle him" Purity retorted, the voice only chuckling in response. "We both know you don't believe that and if you let me out and let me have some fu-i mean let me help them then what would it matter? Neither of us would be hurt after all this is only a fragment of an ability I've taken remember?" The voice continued "Please just don't." "Are you saying you are fine with them all dying? Atleast you'll be able to guarantee they die some other way! Don't deny my help! Think about what I could do!" "So it's back to I? What happened to we!" "You know the transition is hard for me but that doesn't mean you can be a dick about it! So just let me help them! Other wise I will have to send in someone else to do it for me" the way the voice said their words seemed to force Purity into an understanding but not only that but she knew what they meant by that. She didn't want to be helpless again and suddenly she started to cry uncontrollably.

As Joe finished up with the team of time manipulators he sighed "I gave you all merciful deaths and I even made sure your Delta burnt quickly wherever she is so let's get you guys somewhere safe eh? And once this is over I can bring you all back" he explained to himself as the dome fell and the flames all would recollect back inside of him. His black hair was still messy and his Crimson eyes softened as he heard the audible sobs of someone he felt understood him all too well. As he turned to the source he felt his heart almost break, it was the girl he no the Pink Devil had tangled with earlier the one who held the firearm, he approached her slowly but eventually gave into his naiveté and would wrap his arms around the girl. Her buzz cut length hair pricked his cheek and hand as he would gently brush the back of her neck.

Purity was shocked that the monster who had practically wiped the entire Cloud Save had empathy enough to hug her during her most desperate moment. Of course she was scared and in the moment the voice suddenly intensified "PUT ME IN COACH! PUT ME IN! LET ME HAVE AT HIM RIGHT NOW!" It screamed but was quickly drowned out as a warmth surronded her. She then did something she never thought she would've done to a monster such as the Pink Devil.
She hugged him and allowed herself to be comforted