Chapter 18. the ending of the beginning

Purity became extremely conflicted as suddenly above them the almost perfect sky opened up to reveal a beautiful natural sky casted above them. "Sorry about this but the games have concluded! After a whole year of survival only 1 contestant remains in the Cloud Save! The original numbers being 556!" A booming voice announced as Purity suddenly lost consciousness.

Joe held the now lifeless body in his arms for a moment longer before letting it burn up. "I promise you'll be brought back first....you deserved it more then me" He said as he lifted his head up only for it to be forced back down by some sort of metal claw violently grabbing the back of his neck "Wait a minute!" He thought as he reared his head up again this time catching a glimpse of a now falling helicopter.

The CEO of the Cloud Save would've been watching the final moments and sighed as he opened his phone to see a message "I told you that it's mine now" The message read. The CEO would sigh as a tear rolled down their cheek "I'm sorry...once again a possible ray of hope will be ripped from this world by her hands again."

Joe's adoptive parents stood horrified as a face that everyone knew to fear had now become the focus of the TV screen "Marie! Why is she...?" "I don't know Beanie just we have to hope our boy isn't worn out yet" the two spoke as they held back tears. Marie had always known what her son was up too but she didn't know if he had the ability to fight the only person capable of overruling the government that made their world as 'Uptiopian' as possible, a villain almost as great as Joe's real parents, the Blue Devil.

Joe tried to have his flames burn through the metal claw but realized that this was planned. Suddenly wires grabbed his wrists and needles stabbed into his torso and thighs, the wires tightened more and suddenly a bright blue light appeared above him "who's bright idea was it to add blue coloration to the sun?" Joe joked as his Crimson eyes started to glow brightly "cause im gonna kick your ass!" The bright light slowly descended and as it got closer it would take form, a female with pale skin and bright blue hair smiled as her dark blue eyes revealed themselves along with horns of a similar color poked out from the temples of her head, "So your the Pink Devil? I'm almost astonished to meet you but not so happy since your in an incredibly weak state aren't you? After all your other voice is silent and you dont have the ability boosting you anymore since your time ran out." She didn't just read him she practically wrote every thing he couldn't do just now and with a look that showed she knew what she was doing and she knew just how to exploit Joe's weaknesses. Ego didn't stand a chance against her so his hair slowly turned pink again as his eyes lost their Crimson color and turned back to their usual pink. "And you can't even hold up your form can you? Well this will make this process much easier" She would put two hands on his cheeks and smile as her eyes began to glow and the glow from Joe's eyes seemed to seep into hers. They looked like two beautiful waves of light mixing together, a beautiful show of pink and blue, "Don't take him! Please! Don't!" Joe yelled as he tried to look away "Don't make this harder for me dammit!" The Blue Devil barked.

Marie felt like shit. Not because the kid she had helped raise was being what seemed like mentally tortured but because she was the reason for this. She remembered the day Joe had came to her and asked her to help him with setting up a play date with a friend he had made, there was no friend coming cause they weren't real or so she thought. Instead of reacting like a normal parent she became inraged feeling like he had played a prank on her and in turn had punished him. If only she knew that a year later he would ask her to help calm the voices in his head, she turned away and said to stop messing with her and he was doing it for attention. She had helped him with all of the training he needed and had bonded with him in a way her spouse, oringally named Jazz nicknamed Bean, couldn't and yet she had called him practically crazy and told him she didn't believe him. "I'm sorry..." she muttered as she watched the TV "I shouldn't have left you alone...."

Joe yelled so much he had felt his throat become raspy "Answer me...please...Pink..." He muttered in despair "Answer me!" He cried out "oh hush it, Pinkie is gone now" Blue Devil said as she snapped and all the restraints on Joe disappeared "give him back!" He jumped up and his eyes turned Crimson red again as he would have prepared to throw a punch at her, "Give me my friend and friends back right now!" He didn't even hesitate but the Blue Devil thanks to the ability she had just acquired had faster speed then him and as she went to activate the boys flames she would feel something pull at her hands and a voice no many voices roared in her head "No." "What the?" She disabled the ability and then would use another to quickly pin Joe down. "Heh looks like you got something extra, mind if I take that!?" She smiled as she began to steal his ability again but then suddenly she felt something force the ability back down along with another "Your not leaving me that easy!" She yelled and instead threw another random ability instead of letting Joe's original ability escape. "Ai...ko!" Joe yelled as his eyes began to give off a glow "Give them back!" He screamed again this time sending a powerful Shockwave throughout his body and throwing the Blue Devil into the air where she would catch herself and stare down at the now powered up person on the ground behind her. "Give. Them. Back." The boy with black haired and Crimson eyes said as he glared up at the blue haired girl that had taken not only his best friend, his ex, or those he made a promise too but the friend he had just made. The two stayed in this stare down as the camera's and the public would be left to bear witness to the fight between the Pink Devil and the Blue Devil.