Four

Alexis groaned to herself as she woke up in bed. She felt her hangover hit her. She frowned as she realised that she wasn't in her own bed. She sat up and looked to see Patrick as he laid in bed next to her.

Alexis ran her hands through her hair. She felt like an idiot. She couldn't believe how she had ended up in bed with her boss. She couldn't believe that they had slept together. And she felt stupid.

Alexis didn't want to be that girl. She stood from the bed and looked to Patrick as he laid asleep. Alexis got dressed and walked out of the flat. She headed home.

Alexis looked to see Aimee as she walked through the village. "Don't say a word," Alexis said.

Aimee smirked as she looked to her sister. "Well aren't you a dirty little stop out? What's his name?" Aimee asked.

Alexis looked to her and groaned. "I said not to say a thing. Besides, if I told you, I'd have to kill you. It was a one time thing. Nothing more. And nothing else. So remember that. Besides, the girl who's sleeping with Warren Fox doesn't get to judge me," Alexis said.

Aimee looked to her and rolled her eyes.

****

Alexis sat in the pub. She was trying to get rid of her hangover. But it wasn't that easy. Alexis looked to see Patrick as he walked in and smirked. "I have been calling you," he said.

Alexis rolled her eyes. "I am aware."

Patrick smirked again. "If I didn't know any better, then I'd say you were avoiding me," he said.

Alexis looked to him and smiled. "Well you would be right. Look, we had sex. And it was great. But I'm not going to be the girl who sleeps with her boss. We have to forget that it happened and move on. It's the best for everyone. I can't get into anything else that's awkward right now," said Alexis.

Patrick smirked as he looked at her. "You know the sex was great. We could do it again. I know part of you wants to. Just think about it. And I would never make it awkward at work. I'm not that type of man. You're good at your job, and what happened with us personally, I wouldn't let it affect our jobs," Patrick said as Alexis looked to him and sighed.

She knew how awkward things were between them now. And she didn't like it.

****

Alexis sat in the flat. She looked to see Diane as she walked in. Diane looked at her. "What?" Alexis asked.

"Where were you? I called you?" Diane asked as she looked at her.

"Oh I... er crashed with a friend. I had too much to drink and crashed there," Alexis said.

Diane looked to her and frowned. She wasn't stupid. She knew her daughter. And she knew when she was hiding something. But she knew Alexis wasn't a good liar. And soon she would find out the truth.

But with everything that was going on with Patrick, could Alexis continue to resist him?