Eight

Alexis sat in the flat with Patrick. He looked to her and sighed. "Are you sure?" He asked. He was in complete disbelief.

Alexis looked to him and smiled. "I don't know. My cycle is all over the place. So I don't know. My head is a mess. I don't know what to think. I hate this," she said.

He looked to her and smiled as he sat next to her. He took a hold of her hand and smiled. "I know it is a mess. I know that you're scared. And how none of this was planned. But I am here for you whatever happens," he said as she looked to him and smiled.

Alexis knew it wasn't easy. And she knew how her head was a mess when it came to it. And she especially had no idea what she was going to do if she was pregnant.

Alexis ran a hand through her hair. She looked to Patrick. "What if I am pregnant? I mean I know that you don't exactly want more kids," she said.

Patrick looked to her and frowned. "I never said that. Look I know it isn't planned. But I'd love kids with you. I never thought I'd have more kids one day. But with you it's made me reconsider it. All you need to do is take a test. And then we will take it from there," he told her. 

Alexis looked to him and smiled. She knew how her head was a mess. And how she had to try and get her head around it all.

****

Alexis walked through the village. She smiled as she saw Aimee. "Hey. Did you take a test?" Alexis asked.

Aimee nodded. "Yeah. I'm pregnant. I'm so scared. I mean I don't even know if I can do this I mean look at me. Me and Warren are so toxic. I mean I have no idea how we are going to have a baby. I don't know," she said. 

Alexis looked to her sister and smiled. "I know it's not easy and you're scared. But you and Warren can do this. Things just have to change with the two of you. That's all. But you're pregnant. It's something that you have both made. And if you ask me then you can do it. I know you can," she said as Aimee smiled.

Alexis knew how she felt. She knew how scared that she was. And she knew it was complicated. And none of it was easy. 

****

Alexis got back to the flat. She walked into the bathroom as she took the pregnancy test. She knew that she was scared.

She knew that she had no idea how to feel about having a baby and she knew it was far from easy. 

Alexis stood pacing for a moment as she picked up test. She held it in her hand for a moment before she looked down at it. It was then that she saw it was positive and paled.

She felt sick as she had no idea what she was going to do.