Five

Alexis knew that everything was a mess with Patrick. She knew how they had been sleeping with each other. And she knew that he was her boss. The last thing that she wanted was for it to get anymore complicated.

She was scared about people finding out. And what they would think of her. She looked as her phone and saw that Patrick had been calling her.

She looked up as Aimee walked in. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Alexis asked.

Aimee looked to her and smiled. "I was going to ask you the same thing. You look awful," Aimee said.

Alexis looked to her and smiled. "You don't need to worry about me. It's just... a lot has happened lately," she told her.

Aimee sat on the bed next to her and smiled.  "I get that. Warren and I are fighting a lot. I hate it."

Alexis smiled. "Everything will be okay. You and Warren will be okay. You can make it work. I know it won't be easy," she said as she looked to her phone and sighed.

She knew that as much as she wished she could, that she can't avoid it forever.

"What's going on with you" Aimee asked as she looked to her sister.

Alexis to her and smiled. "Nothing for you to worry about," she said.

****

Alexis got to work. She saw Patrick. She looked to him and smiled. "Are you okay?" Patrick asked.

Alexis looked to him. She smiled. "I'm okay."

Patrick nodded and looked to her. "Then why are you avoiding me since we had sex?" He asked.

Alexis smiled. "Because it was just sex. We are colleagues. And we need to act that way," she said as and went to walk off.

He walked after her and grabbed her arm. He looked to her and smirked."it was great and you know it."

"Say all that you want. But I can't cross a line again," she said as she went to walk into a room.

Patrick walked over to her. He pinned her against the wall. He smirked as he looked to her. "You and I both know that we have something special. And that we can't deny it. Besides I want you. You know how much I want you," he said.

Alexis looked to him and smirked. "You see the thing is. I may have slept with you, but that doesn't mean I'm easy," she said as she pushed him away from her and walked off.

****

Alexis got back to the flat. She saw Diane who looked to her and smiled. Diane wasn't stupid. She knew Alexis. She could tell that there was something going on with her. And she was going to find out.

"Are you sure that you're okay? I mean you have been off lately. And I am worried about you," Diane said.

Alexis looked to her and smiled. "I know mum. But I am fine. I promise I am" she told her.

She had no idea how her life was about to be turned upside down. And how it wasn't going to be easy.