{shinee} jonghyun - misunderstanding

Requested by @baozyeon ♡ -

The spine-chill breeze caressed your cheek as you plopped yourself down onto the park bench. cold tears were streaming down your face and the fact that it was winter didn't help at all.

There were numerous sickly sweet couples who were hand in hand and doing all those couple-ly stuff. thinking about it made you cried even harder.

Where was Jonghyun when you needed him the most ?

[ FlashBack ]

You shooed Jonghyun into the bathroom to get washed up. He was all sweaty and smelly after a long day at practice. He had wanted to cuddle with you, but got rejected. You smiled foolishly after he closed the door , pleased with yourself for having such an adorable boyfriend.

Just at that moment, a "ding" was heard from his phone. You skipped towards the bedside table, not even considering that what you saw next might end your relationship forever.

Your smile immediately turned into a frown as a message from this girl, also known as " So Eun " appeared onto the screen.

The message read, "Hey oppa , I'm coming over to your house now. Xoxo ;) "

You felt a pang of anger mixed with jealousy inside you. Does Jonghyun not love you anymore ?

You flung yourself onto the bed, letting you face get buried into the soft memory foam pillow. In no time, you could feel your eyes start to tear up. You turned over to stare at the white ceiling, feeling tiny teardrops trickle down your face as you tried to hide your muffled sobs with your blanket .

Questions were taking over your mind uncontrollably .

Who is So Eun ? Is she pretty ? Is she better ? Does Jonghyun love her more ?

The more you thought about it, the more you felt certain that he was cheating on you.

At that very moment, the bathroom door clicked open and you hurriedly tried to wipe the angry tears off your face. Jonghyun came out of the hot and steamy bathroom, in the midst of putting on a shirt . The both of you made eye contact for awhile before you stood up from the bed abruptly and stomped away , not wanting to hear him speak .

Jonghyun called your name repeatedly as he trailed behind you worriedly but it only made you quicken your pace . You walked briskly pass the hallway as you started wiping your tears flowing out of your now bloodshot eyes .

You were just about to grab your thick coat when you felt a warm hand grab your wrist.

"Where are you going?" He questioned .

You quickly turned away to avoid him from seeing your tear-filled face but he had already seen it. His eyes widened when he caught a glimpse of your bloodshot eyes. Sadness was clearly evident in his eyes.

" What wrong Jagi ?.. " He asked , softer with each word said .

Jonghyun held your cheeks in his large hands and used his thumb to wipe away your tears as he felt his heart drop . You were infuriated by this action that you used to always love . Was he trying to trick you ? You wished that he wasn't and this gesture really was a genuine act of love . You hesitantly pushed his hand away and turned your back towards him .

" what's wrong ? " he asked, putting a hand on your stiff shoulder . You hastily shrugged it away and took a deep breath .

" you tell me ! " you shouted , causing Jonghyun to take a step back .

You looked back at him . This time , your face was worse than before . Not only were your eyes bloodshot and tears streaming down your face , but even your nose was red now from too much sniffing . Your whole face was just a complete mess .

By now , Jonghyun had regained his composure and had his arms folded . " are you mad ? What have I done ? " he chuckled , a crooked smirk on his face . You were a hundred percent sure he didn't love you anymore . This was the first time you had seen him like this .

Unconsciously , your hand collided with his cheek , giving him a hard slap across the face . You could see his jaw drop and his cheek redden by the second . You quickly put your hands behind your back and slowly stepped backwards . You did not meant for this to happen . You knew you loved him so much that you would take so much effort to do that . But this time , it didn't even take a slight thought to do it . You felt ashamed .

He took a step towards you . " what did you just do ? " he said , shoving you roughly . You had enough of this . You shook all those depressing thoughts away and screamed back at him . Yelling out all the things you were not pleased with that you've kept inside you for so long . It felt good in a bad way . The whole apartment was in an uproar . You were sure that the people living in the next block would hear . But you didn't care .

It was exactly like a cat fight . Jonghyun and you screaming and shouting at each other , accusing each other of being the person in the wrong .

Once you've had your say , you took one last glance at him then quickly ran out of the house . At first you felt hatred and anger . Then slowly , you felt unwanted and stupid for doing that .

" Jonghyun .. Why can't we make out relationship work . " You cried .

[ FlashBack End ]

Now , you were at a deserted park . You wanted to be nowhere near human kind but also be further away from JongHyun .

Leaning against the cold park bench , you tried to calm down and take deep breaths , only to fail again .

After all these years together with him , was your relationship just not meant to be ?

The sickening sight of couples just made you want to destroy everything around you . It has already been an hour or so , and you still haven't stopped crying . Your eyes were drying out and your whole body was limp .

To make things worse , the skies decided to punish you , it started raining cats and dogs . You were too tired to take shelter , but the rain was bothering you as well . So you decided to walk to the nearest convenience store .

By the time you reached there . You were drenched from head to toe , and sneezing none stop . " whatever .. " you thought , laying your head on one of the counter tops . You soon drifted off into Dreamland , full of regrets .

When you woke up , you were back in your comfy bed and were already changed into your pyjamas .

You sat up from your bed , feeling much better than before . Then , Jonghyun came into your bedroom , holding a tray of hot tea .

" You're awake . " he said . His eyes cast down and looked really worried . You didn't say anything .The atmosphere was awkward and you didn't know what to say .

" Sorry about that ." Jonghyun said , breaking the tense atmosphere that enveloped the both of you . You nodded . He sat the tray down and took a seat next to you . He stared into your swollen eyes , beckoning you to tell him what was wrong .

" Well , sorry for being so stuck up . It's okay if you like someone else." You whispered , pointing to his phone timidly .

He laughed once again . His perfect lips turning into a beautiful smile . " You've got it all wrong , jagiya . Are you talking about So Eun ?" You mouthed the word yes and then let out a small sigh .

He pinched your cheek and lifted your head. " Minji , You're the only one I love . I promise ." He whispered in your ear, making you feel all fuzzy inside you . You felt uncertain at first , but then decided to trust him . You didn't want what happened to reply itself again .

His lips suddenly crashed onto yours , taking you by a huge surprise . You went along with the flow , trying to kiss him as passionately as you could . His tongue poked your closed lips , and you opened your mouth slowly . Your tongues playing with each other . You loved every second of it . It felt like pure bliss . He pulled away , leaving you a little disappointed.

" Minji , I love you . Do you forgive me ?" This last few sentence had the ability to melt your heart . You nodded vigorously , giving him a bear hug .

Hope you enjoyed it ! ♡
& tysm for 1K reads ! we love you all so much ;-) !