Apple Pie and the Yellow Suitcase

Nina paced the floor of the drawing room as she mentally checked off the list of what was left of cleaning the house. She wanted Lennon to think she was a good mom, so she might stay around long enough to graduate high school.  While lost in thought, she heard the timer go off- the apple pie was ready.

Apple pie was Lennon's favorite, it had to be completely homemade, crust and all. She could rant for hours on how to make the perfect apple pie, and the Locke family could probably recite every word of it.

Upstairs, Kinsey spent her time making sure she had everything in place for her sister, although Lennon couldn't care less if the room was in a twist, she never worried about things like that. Kinsey hoped that they could be best friends again, and couldn't wait for her to meet her new friends. Scott was planning a party for her, that's how he was, always there for people, even if he doesn't know them. It was true that Kinsey never spoke much of her, it pained her too much, but she thought to herself that she could now tell everyone of her sister, the traveler.

Lennon was her polar opposite; people just loved to be around her. Although she was never good at holding a conversation-similar to her sister- she could always make people smile. Kinsey constantly said she never had a mean bone in her body, which seemed to be true. Lennon never gets mad, she was laid back, and never stressed. She was amazing at making friends, she lit up the room. That was the only thing Kinsey was worried about, her friends actually not liking her.

Straightening the forest green quilt for her roommate, Kinsey left to go downstairs. She passed by Tyler's room, where she could see that he was using the head key-he needed to escape.

Tyler and Lennon had gotten into a fight before she left, he thought his sister was horrible for flaking out on them when they needed her the most. He said some awful things he could never repeat, and he immediately regretted everything that came out of his mouth. Meanwhile, Lennon just watched him and nodded, just before half smiling and walking out with her mustard-yellow suitcase and kissing Bode goodbye.

He planned to apologize to her in a letter, but thought it wasn't the right way to do it. He decided now would be the right time. He would mend the relationship.

Out of all the Locke children, Bode was the most excited. He couldn't wait for Lennon to be at home, and couldn't wait to show her the keys, another thing for them to bond over. He put the last touches on his welcome home card and laid it on his desk.

Two hours later, A taxi pulled into the driveway, Lennon didn't want her family to pick her up; a total surprise she called it.

Out of a taxi, a short, lively girl popped out, and with her, a yellow suitcase. Her hair was tied back in a loose braid and the freshly cut curtain bangs sweeping over her face. She wore hiking boots covered in mud, jogging shorts, and a gray t-shirt with the name of a band on the front.

The Locke family raced outside to swoop Lennon into a hug, and when getting a look at her, they could tell she looked different: more mature, more experienced, and overall, happier. She never used to wear makeup, but looking at her, you could see the brown eye liner, mascara, and touch of blush. Lennon greeted her family with open arms; literally. Soon, she was engulfed by an embracing hug, and her family could smell the cinnamon shampoo she wore.

Tyler stood back a little, waiting for his sister to scorn him, but instead, she smirked at him and gave him a hug, while whispering into his ear "It's okay, I know you didn't mean it." Tyler was washed with relief. Knowing his sister didn't hold a grudge meant the world to him.

Meanwhile, Nina was in tears. "Gosh mom, the water works have got to go, I'm home." This just made her cry even more.

Kinsey grabbed her suitcase, while Bode grabbed her hand. "I can't wait to show you your room, I helped mom pick out everything!" Bode exclaimed while pulling Lennon to the front door.

"Oh no, if my room is painted in camouflage like your G.I. Joe, I might have to leave again" Said Lennon sarcastically.

"Actually roomie, you're with me," added Kinsey, before nervously saying "unless you want your own room!"

"Never, I need some quality time with my sister anyways!" Replied Lennon while tossing Bode over her shoulders. She could get used to this beautiful home.

.........................

Kinsey helped her sister unpack, while rambling about Matheson and the movie she was starring in- The Splattering. Lennon giggled beside herself, she missed her family. She told Kinsey all of the new dishes she learned to cook, and announced she would show off her skills tonight.

"Actually, I was going to bring you to meet the Savinis tonight if that's alright with you." Kinsey announced while hanging up one of Lennon's shirts.

"Yes, yes, of course! Oh maybe I should make something, everyone likes pie right?" Muttered Lennon, while continuing to talk to herself. She wanted Kinsey's friends to like her, and she doesn't do to well with conversation. Hopefully a homemade pie would do the trick.

"You're worrying too much, just be yourself, but I like pie, so you should definitely make some," Kinsey replied to hike holding back a laugh. That was another thing Lennon was: gullible.

"But what do I wear!" Lennon moaned while plopping on her bed.

...........................

Scott peered out the window while watching the lights of a car pull up. "Hey, they're here, get down and hide!" Scott made sure all the light were off before making his may to behind the couch.

The door slowly opened, revealing a small figure. "You know Kins, when this happens in a horror movie, it usually means I'm the first to be killed, or I'm about to be scared by a hot shirtless guy."

Scott turned on the light and hopped out at Lennon, who was the least bit entertained. Trying to play it off scared, she screamed late, and Scott knew she wasn't frightened, but quickly laughed it off. "You weren't kidding when you said she was your opposite."

Looking around the room at the individuals facing her with toothy grins, Lennon knew she found her people.