The Sea Caves

Author note: a bit of a filler chapter, a bit of romance, but the next chapter will definitely exceed this one, I hope you all enjoy!

....................................

Although Eden was angry at first towards my unexpected absence, she quickly forgave me. As far as school, it wasn't going as shitty as I though it would, I was actually pulling some solid B's, beside the C+ in English. I wasn't pleased about that right away, but relaxed when Gabe volunteered to help me study, which was going as well as you would expect.

"Gabe, you're supposed to be quizzing me on Shakespeare's greatest work, not making a menace of my neck." I groaned as Gabe kissed my neck. I was sure there were going to be marks left on my skin, but it was too late now. He had been here for about an hour and we had gotten through only three notecards.

"Len, you know these cards like the back of your hand, take a break." Breathed Gabe as he grabbed the cards away from me and kissed my hand. I never imagined Gabe as the sort for physical interaction, but I guess I underestimated him.

His eyes met mine, and I knew that he was right, and so I smiled and cupped his face, bringing his to mine. We stayed like this for a few minutes before Kinsey knocked on the door. "This is my room too, you know, and I would appreciate if I could study as well." She knew for a fact we weren't studying, but I could tell from the tone in her voice she wanted to spend time together.

"I think it's best if you go home. Kinsey isn't going to take her eyes off of us until you do." I remarked while grabbing Gabe's bag.

"Can't I just stay over? I won't try anything, I promise." Replied Gabe as he made an x over his heart.

"That is a great idea. You, me, and my sister having a slumber party. I knew you were into doing face masks all along. Maybe we can even braid each others hair!" I giggled and watched his eyes light up.

"Maybe I should head home, don't want to spoil the fun. Maybe one night you could spend the night at my dorm, with me?" He questioned trying to get a response.

"Well, I would hope it's with you, I have a feeling Javi snores like crazy." I joked with him.

The truth was, I was a bit afraid of spending the night alone with him, even if we weren't doing anything. I had never done anything even close to that before. Gabe was my first real relationship apart from meaningless little middle school flings. Gabe is an amazing boyfriend, and I trust him completely, I just don't think I'm ready for anything like that.

Gabe saluted me from his car and drove back to the school while I went to my bedroom. Kinsey was waiting for me. "Lennon, I need you to do something for me." Her face was serious, I could tell she meant business.

"If it's concerning dinner, the answer is no, I am not cooking again. Its your turn tonight." I stated while folding some clothes. She actually looked nervous, it was a new look on her.

"I was hoping maybe you would come with me tomorrow to explore the sea caves?" She asked, already knowing my answer.

"Hell no." If I haven't already mentioned it, I'm claustrophobic; extremely claustrophobic. Rooms full of people, elevators, and especially sea caves, not that I've tried it before.

"Please, I swear I won't let anything bad happen. The Savinis and I decided to shoot some parts of the movie in there, we'll be in and out: simple." Kinsey said while her eyes lit up with hope.

"Well if the Savinis are going to be there, then you definitely don't need me. You know me Kins, I just can't. I'm not invincible like you, I still have fear." I replied uncomfortably, pulling at my sleeve. It wasn't just fear that was in my way, but the fact that I was still a bit intimidated by the idea of the magic tied to Matheson.