Any Enemy of Yours is an Enemy of Mine

I was on my way out of the cave when Gabe stopped me. My face must have still been flushed with anger because as I turned to face him, he looked taken aback. "Look Len, I didn't mean to make it seem like I agreed with Kinsey, I just don't think she meant for us all to be trapped down there." He was right, but she still shouldn't have gotten us into that situation. I don't think I've ever been that scared in my entire life.

" I know, but she wasn't thinking at all. She was obsessed with finding that door, and look what happened in the process. You guys lost all of your equipment, all of the hard work put into this movie, and for what? So Kinsey could find a door that she has absolutely no idea what damage it could do? It's not fair to all of you, I just wish you could see it that way too." I expressed. Gabe came forward and cupped his hand to my face.

"I do see it, Len. Yes, I'm bummed that the equipment is gone, but you have no idea how glad I am that we're all fine, that you're fine." I grinned and reached up to touch his forehead to mine. I was freezing, but I couldn't move from this moment, it was keeping me together.

Whispering, I said "I'm happy your okay too." He held me for a few minutes before it donned on him that I was shaking from being drenched in cave water.

"Here, why don't we go back to my room, get you warmed, and then we can get you back home." Gabe swung our intertwined hands while walking back to his car. I had to tell him, I just had too.

"I'm not ready to go home quite yet, but I'm also not ready to spend the night with you. Please don't take it the wrong way, because I love being with you and you make me feel so safe, I just need time." I was terrified he would be offended, but he was I just the opposite.

"Len, I will wait however long you need to, I'm just happy you trust me enough to tell me, and not hold it in. I'm glad we're not keeping secrets." (What a liar) It filled me with joy to know that he respected my wishes. We had never talked about going any farther than our usual make-out sessions, so now that we have a mutual agreement I feel much better.

Gabe and I spent the next hour or so watching a movie in his room before I left to go see Eden. Gabe asked if I needed anything picked up from my house for the night, but I told him Eden should have everything that I need.

I think Eden was more furious at Kinsey than I was. "How stupid could she be to lead you and those freaks into a cave? They're called the drowning caves for a reason, and not so she can just make it happen for a second time." She huffed while taking off the mud mask on my face. I had started laughing at this point. "God, what is so funny? What she did is like, terrible."

"That's not what's funny. You're just very mom-like. It's nice, really." Eden however, looked very displeased.

"That's so rude! I'm at least a hot mom, right?"

"The hottest." I joked while looking in the mirror to make sure she got all of the mask off.

Eden and I were having a fun girls night so far, besides Kinseys constant, and ignored, phone calls. Right at the end of watching 10 Things I Hate About You, I decided to answer Kinsey's phone call to see what she wanted. "Hello?" I asked in a very bitter tone.

"Oh you answered! Look, I know you're pissed at me and whatever, but Tyler is M.I.A. and mom wants you home in time for dinner. She said you can go back to wherever you are now after, she just wants to enjoy a meal with all of us. I know I messed up, just do it for her."

I sighed, and then replied with "alright, I'll be home in twenty, see you then." I ended the call and turned to Eden. "I'll be over later, my mom wants me home for dinner, say around nine maybe?"

"That's fine, do you need a ride?" Eden asked while munching on a bag of chips.

"No, I can walk, it's not that far." I stated while grabbing my bag. The truth was, I really didn't want Eden to murder Kinsey on sight.