Chapter 5

It was nearing seven in the morning as they entered the house. Persephone quickly ran to the living room to set her gift in its hiding spot before lighting the fireplace. When she returned, Hannibal helped her remove her coat. She kicked her boots off. He could tell by the way she was squirming, her excitement was barely contained. Toeing his boots off, and hanging the coats, he couldn't help the invading pang of jealousy. His muscles twitched.

Had John touched her? Were they intimate?

His skin crawled as the thought of another man having her worked it's way through his nerves.

He could kidnap him. Steal her key. Break down the meat in the workroom, neatly labeled and vacuum sealed, and have the mess cleaned before she woke.

"Are you alright?" Her voice broke through to him. His knuckles ached. He hadn't realized he's been clenching his fists.

He hadn't realized he had followed her into the kitchen.

She was so close. All he had to do was take a step forward and their bodies would touch. Full lips, pale from the cold. Her eyes wide as she studied him. She pressed a hand to his face causing a primal feeling to pull at his heart. Raging heat pooled in his lower belly.

How dare that shit of a boy touch her?

He couldn't stop himself. Hannibal fisted her hair, lips crashing against hers. Her lips quickly warmed under his. His thigh pressed between her legs, a small gasp as he gripped her hips to provide friction.

She tasted of apple juice, smelled of lemongrass, she felt like warmth.

She had to be his. He needed her to be.

Persephones hand grasped at his collar, the other holding his neck and pulling him closer. His tongue toyed with hers before nipping her bottom lip. He had her pressed against the island, a small whimper against his lips breaking the rest of his resolve. His hands made quick work of her jeans, jerking her panties down with them, exposing her ass before lifting her onto the marble island top. One of the forgotten butter trays clattered to the floor. He kneeled between her thighs, pulling her pants off the rest of the way. Her thighs tightened incrementally around his head, her fingers tangling in his hair as his tongue found her clit.

She tasted sweet, so sweet. Metallic.

His cock pressed uncomfortably against his zipper.  The soft whimpers that left her egged him on. He hips lifting to press against him "Please...please..."

A brief image of Persephone writhing beneath the scrawny man from the store taunted Hannibal.

He stood, a low growl, lips crashing against hers again. Persephone gasped, hands finding the button of his jeans, desperately undoing them before forcing them from his hips. His hand found her throat, thumb pushing her chin up, forcing her to look at him. Her eyes were dark, mouth slightly opened, chest heaving. Her hand stroked his cock gently.

"Has he touched you?" Hannibal watched as confusion furrowed her brow "John" The hand not gripping Persephone's throat pulled her hips to the edge of the counter. He pushed her back slightly, forcing her to prop herself up with her hands behind her.

"I d-don't understand wha-" she trailed off, eyes closing, head tipping back, as he ground his shaft against her clit.

"Look at me." He gripped her by the nape of her neck forcing her to hold her head up. "Have you been intimate with the boy from the store?" He asked, his free hand lazing trailing the head of his cock until he was lined with her entrance.

"N-no. Hannibal, please." She shifted slightly, "I need...need..." she begged, his lips only a breath above hers.

"He'd make a nice stew. Great for the winter." He pushed into her slightly. Gripping her hip with one hand, his fingers caressing the nape of her neck with the other. He couldn't stop the sigh that left him. Brushing his lips against hers, he spoke again "I don't enjoy people touching what's mine, darling."

"Never." She sighed against his lips, bringing her arms around his neck, forcing him to hold her by the small of her back. A slow languid rhythm as he thrust into her. His tongue slid against hers, her fingers mimicking his at the base of his skull.  Her body hummed against his. She felt as sweet as she tasted.

Everything in him told him to claim her, to mark her as his. His lips found the curve of her neck. A soft kiss before sucking hard while slamming into her. A choked scream left her, her nails bit him, head dropping to his shoulder.

He wanted to hear that noise again. Wanted to see her face.

He wrapped her hair around his fist, jerking her head back. Her eyes were wide before closing as he leaned down, brushing his nose against hers. "Keep your eyes open."

Her pupils were blown when she opened them. Her ragged breath hot against his face.  Her brow furrowed in an effort to do as told, hands clawing against his back as he drove himself into her relentlessly. He watched as she bit down on her lip, splitting it at the center, trying to muffle her own cries.

"Beautiful. Such a good girl." Hannibal praised. She tightened her arms around his neck, her lips pressed to his, metallic tang of her blood in his mouth as he swallowed the cries of her release. Persephone's body was tightened around him, which proved enough to pull him over the edge, using her body to hold himself up.

His hips stilled, still fully pressed into her. Her kisses were soft and sweet now, their breathing slowing. It took a moment for him
to release her. She felt like a lifeline in that moment. Something sure and true and holding him to the earth.

Hannibal's stomach growled, a laugh leaving Persephone. His insides twisted at the sound. His heart beat rapidly in his chest. Something was off.

"I should make breakfast." She kissed his nose. "Go wake Will." He helped her off the counter, she had her pants on before he could find the words to offer to help.

She moved quickly and elegantly through the kitchen, placing the butter trays in the fridge, plucking one cube out for current use, tossing the one on the floor into a scrap bucket by the kitchen sink. Took her little time to crack twelve eggs into a bowl, shells discarded into the bucket, before whisking to a light yellow. The ham, peppers, and onion delicately diced. Fresh cheese finely grated.

She paused, her hand gripping a steel skillet. "Something wrong?" He was staring at her, his usually placid demeanor broken down. He felt exposed. Raw under her gaze. Why?

"No. You're making omelettes?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Yes? Do you want something else?"

"No." He looked around the kitchen, half nervous "No. Omelettes are fine. I'll go wake Will." He could hear the slight tremor in his own voice, causing him to quickly retreat from the room.

Persephone stared at where he stood for a moment. A whimper from the living room snapping her focus back to the skillet of warming butter.

Hopefully Hannibal would have Will dressed. Breakfast would have to be ready soon.

She'd ask Hannibal about the strange behavior later.