Prologue

Polaroid photographs littered the table as the desk lamp flickered in the darkness. A single tear fell onto one of the pictures showing two highschool boys with the brightest and genuine laughs before a cherry blossom tree. It was a candid photo that had captured the two boys in their most natural state.

Another tear fell onto the same polaroid.

A soft sob could be heard from the owner of the tears. More tears escaped from his eyes as he picked up that particular photograph. He held it tightly in his hands as he squeezed his eyelids shut in hope for his tears to stop. His choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for quite some time before he eventually managed to calm down.

When he heard someone approaching the room and quickly pushed the polaroids back into the drawer and wiped his tears away.

The door opened and he turned around to face whoever that just entered.

"Hey..."

"Were you looking at those photos again?" The tall male at the door sighed. "At least turn on the lights and please change that lamp."

The young man with puffy eyes nodded his head and blushed lightly, feeling embarrassed. "Okay, I will."

"Come here" the man held his arms out.

He walked towards him and he was immediately engulfed into a hug. "You must be missing him so much..."

He buried his face into his shoulder and didn't say anything. Of course he missed him. He was his first love and probably the last one that he would ever have. No one else could replace him in his heart. He was his cure.

The taller man pat his back softly, comforting the upset male. "Do you want to visit him tomorrow?"

The young man contemplated for a while before nodding his head. "Yes please... I want to see him."

"Good" The man ruffled his hair and smiled softly at him. "I'm sure he will be pleased."

"Mhm" he smiled sadly. Would he be pleased? The young man could never know because he wouldn't be able to respond.

Once he was alone in the room again, he switched on the lights and went back to the table. He pulled out a worn notebook and flipped to a new page before taking his pen. He took a deep breath before the tip of his pen landed onto the blank page.

It's been 99 days without you.
I still miss your voice, do you know that?
I miss your singing. You used to sing all the time, right?
I miss your hugs, they were the best comfort I can ever get.
Do you remember how you used to visit me everyday and try to strike up a conversation every time?
I admire your efforts and patience for that.
I'm glad you never gave up.
You were my cure... And I wish to be your cure.
The cherry blossoms have started to bloom.
Are you seeing them? Right... you can't see.
They're beautiful, though they can't be compared to the ones that bloomed that year.
I feel like an idiot writing this but I have to remember, right? And this is only way I can cope with your absence.
I will be waiting for you.

A/n: I already published chapter one so don't stop here (☞゚∀゚)☞