Six

°•.•╔✿═════°.•☆•.°═════✿╗•.•°

N e w ㅤs i d e ㅤo f ㅤh i m

.•°•╚✿═════°.•☆•.°═════✿╝•°•.

Big expressive eyes, perfectly angled nose, sharp jawline, cute dimples with an attractive yet adorable smile. Straightforward, humble, open minded, hardworking, approachable and proper. He was someone who abided by his own morals and rules, someone who knew the rights and wrongs, someone who was extremely rational and someone who doesn't hesitate to make decisions. Being admired, respected, loved but also being envied, disrespected and hated. Kang Taehyun had a lot of admirers, and of course, a lot of enemies. He was perfect in many people's eyes, but also an eye sore to many. Some hated his guts, his humble background and his popularity. They would pick out all his flaws or accuse him for things he did not do in order to taint his name and bring down his reputation.

Staring at his name at the top of the exam scoreboard pinned at the school's bulletin board, Taehyun smiled. He was first again. He had managed to maintain his first place every term.

"Damn Taehyun" Jake searched for his own name. "You're always first. How do you even do that? You play during break, have student council responsibilities after school and often hang out with us during the weekends. Have you even been to the library?"

"I manage my time well" Taehyun's eyes travelled down to the second place. Kim Wonchang. It was him again. He was always in second place but honestly Taehyun didn't feel threatened. Their difference in scores had always been consistent. Taehyun was always ahead of him by a good 36 points.

A snicker could be heard from the side and Taehyun didn't even need to turn around to inspect who it was to know that it was Wonchang. "I bet you cheated this time to stay in this school. Your poor ass belongs to those nasty public schools. You're polluting the air here and contaminating the floors with your dirty shit shoes."

Taehyun ignored his rude comment as he looked for Jake's name. "Oh Jake, 45th. Not bad dude."

"Really? Dang, I did well!" Jake celebrated and wrapped his arm around Taehyun's shoulder, guiding themselves out of the crowd and away from Wonchang, who was fuming for being ignored.

"Gosh that fucking bastard" Jake breathed out angrily after they settled down in the cafeteria. "How can you tolerate him?"

Taehyun shrugged as he sipped his strawberry milk. "I just don't give a fuck."

It was half the truth and half a lie. He truly believed that he shouldn't waste time on pricks like him since it would not benefit him in any way. He was also brought up to disregard judging eyes and do whatever he wants. Never let their words affect you negatively; it was what his parents had taught him. To say the least, ignoring such comments is for the best. However, to say that Taehyun was completely unaffected would be a lie. It still hurt him a little no matter how much he had convinced himself otherwise.

"Oh my fucking god Taehyun!" Jake constantly tugged his sleeve as he pointed out of the the huge glass window of the cafeteria.

Taehyun's eyes followed Jake's pointing finger and gazed out of the window, seeing a familiar figure seated under the cherry blossom tree. It was him. Choi Beomgyu.

"He's finally back!" His overly excited friend exclaimed. "After like what, two weeks?! I wondered what happened. Dang, I'm so curious. I bet everyone is curious about him. Fuck, he's so damn attractive."

The blonde quietly listened to Jake's rambles, silently agreeing with him on the last part. No one could ever shut up about Beomgyu's looks. And Taehyun cursed under his breath. Beomgyu was fucking gorgeous. He could never stop thinking about how good looking the older was whenever he saw him. No adjectives could do justice to Beomgyu's appearance, and he seemed to be glowing today. Maybe it was because it had been two weeks since someone last saw him. People had been gossiping about the mysterious boy's disappearance but Taehyun knew the reason to that. He recalled the day he overheard Beomgyu's conversation with Soobin. The older boy must had taken a break and stayed at home for two weeks. Wednesday. A new day for Beomgyu's memories. After knowing the cause for Beomgyu's odd behaviours, Taehyun had decided to befriend him again. It was not out of pity. Taehyun was curious and interested in Beomgyu from the very start... but it did serve as a big motivation for him.