Chapter 1

Violetta smiled as she listened to Camila talking about Broadway, over the phone. Actually, it was not talking, but complaining.

Camila was one of her best friends and Broadway was the girl's boyfriend. They had been together for several months now and they fought quite often. But Violetta knew that their fighting was a way of showing their love for each other.

"I'm not talking to him," Camila snapped. "I'm just not talking to him. Ever again."

And she hanged up.

Violetta shook her head as she tucked her phone back in her jeans pocket. She knew that this "not talking to him" of Camila would not last long. Violetta was pretty sure that by the time she reached the studio, their fight would have long been forgotten and they would be all lovey-dovey again.

As she walked, Violetta wondered whether there was someone out there for her. Like Broadway for Camila, Marco for Francesca, her other best friend, or even Maxi for Nata.

Well... there was one she was interested in but-

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice the group of skaters rushing towards her. And when she did, before she could react, someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the way.

"Hey! Watch out!"

Violetta could only stare as the skaters whooshed by their side, her heart beating fast in her chest. She kept staring at the skaters as they rolled off the street and turned at the corner.

"That was close."

She turned her head around to look at her saviour. The guy with brown hair and hazel eyes had had his body bent to the side to look past her at the skaters. When Violetta had looked at him, he had pulled to his full size and grinned down at her.

Violetta felt a smile grow on her lips. "Hey Leon."

"Hey Violetta. You okay?"

Violetta nodded, still smiling. "Thanks."

He winked at her and said, "You owe me one."

"I believe I do."

He nodded once, glad with her answer. Then he asked, "You are going to the studio?" When she nodded, he said, "Yeah, me too."

And without another word said, they made their way to the studio, walking side by side.

As they walked, Violetta stole a glance at Leon. He noticed anyway and with a jerk of his head, asked "What?". She shook her head in response and looked before her.

She still remembered the first time she had seen him in Gregorio's class, a few months ago, talking to his friends. When she had entered the room, he was the first person she had noticed. The boy with brown hair and hazel eyes. She hadn't realised she had been staring at him until he had caught her doing it. His head had turned in her direction and he'd stared at her.

For several seconds.

Violetta remembered that she had stopped breathing as his hazel eyes had bored into hers. And then his face had cracked into a smile. She had managed to smile back and it was not until he had turned back to his friends did she let out the breath she had been holding.

Now as they walked side by side, she stole another look at him and this time, without him noticing.

They reached the studio and since they both had class with Angie, they walked there together. When they entered the room, Angie was not there yet. Leon sent her a smile before going to join Diego and Marco, while she to Francesca and Camila.

"Okay. I'd had enough," Francesca exclaimed once Violetta sat down in front of them.

"Enough of what?" she asked.

"You and Leon."

Violetta rolled her eyes. She knew what was coming. They'd had this conversation so many times that she had lost count.

"It's obvious you two like each other," Francesca went on. "So why don't you just take the step forward?"

Violetta sighed. "Girls! I'm telling you one more time: Leon and I don't like each other."

The first time Camila and Francesca had pointed out that Leon and her had a "thing", she had denied it. And ever since that day, whenever that conversation came about, she had lied.

But hey! These two were her best friends. They knew what the truth was.

"C'mon Violetta," Camilla said. "It's been 3 months now. 3 months since this thing between you and Leon has been going on. Don't you feel it's time it stops? Time you tell him how you feel?"

Violetta decided not to lie today. She said nothing for a long moment. Then pushing her hair behind her ear, she simply said, "Leon doesn't like me."

"Ha!," Francesca said happily. "But you do like Leon."

Violetta started to shake her head. "Francesca..."

"Violetta." Camila said sharply, bringing her best friend's attention to her. "We've seen the way Leon looks at you. He likes you. Why don't you just believe it?"

Yeah, why didn't she?

If only that was easy.

Violetta looked over her shoulder at Leon. There were times when she would catch the guy looking at her, but he would just give her a smile before turning back to what he was doing. Finally, she decided to voice out her fears.

"What if he doesn't feel the same way about me?" When Francesca opened her mouth, she quickly added, "Just suppose you both are wrong. Then what?," she asked, looking at Francesca and then at Camila, in the face. "I don't want things to become awkward between us afterwards."

"Well... it's not like you too are the world's best friends." Camilla said.

Good point.

It might have been 3 months that Leon and Violetta knew each other but Violetta couldn't tell if the relationship they had could be called friendship. She felt they would never talk to each other if not for the same circle of friends. Cause, you see, her two best friends' boyfriends were friends of Leon.

There were also the one or two assignments they had done together. But they had only talked about the work, not stuff friends talk about.

Looking at her friends, she said, "Okay. I'll do it."

Both Francesca and Camila's face lit up with joy and excitement and seeing this, Violetta couldn't help but smile.

She had made up her mind. She was going to tell Leon about her feelings right now. Cause right now, she only liked him. And Violetta was glad her feelings didn't go deeper than that.

Because if they did, and Leon rejected her, she knew-like she knew blood was red and snow was white-that she wouldn't be able to let him go.