Chapter 3

The following day, the hall of the studio was crowded with students, and the reason for this was Federico who just came back from his tour.

The guy liked the way he was welcomed. Surrounded by his fans.

And most importantly, his friends.

He had wanted to make his return a surprise so he hadn't tell any of them but it seemed they already knew about it.

He had missed them.

As they exchanged a few welcoming words, hugs and shakehands, his eyes wandered around, looking for the one he had missed most, the one who had always been on his mind. But the girl with golden locks was nowhere to be seen.

Later that day, Leon was walking towards the recording room where Violetta was waiting for him, with Diego by his side.

"Still going to the motocross track tommorow?" his best friend asked him.

"Yeah. You want to come?"

They had reached the recording room so they stopped in their tracks. It took a moment for Diego to answer. "Yeah," he finally said. "Want to see if you're still good at it. Meet you later."

Or rather see the girl working on the machines, Leon thought as he watched his best friend walk away. He had a feeling that was what Diego meant when he'd said it would not have worked between him and Violetta, yesterday.

Leon took the few steps that separated him from the recording room and when he reached the threshold, he stopped. Leaning on the doorjamb with his hands in his jeans pockets, he watched Violetta who was oblivious of his presence, playing the melody of "Habla Si Puedes" on the piano and thought back at yesterday's conversation.

Diego was right. Violetta was a nice girl and Leon was pretty sure that every guy at the studio had noticed it. If he kept on waiting, someone else was going to take his place at her side. He had to do something about it.

"Violetta." He waited for her to look up to go on. "Do you like ice cream?"

"Do you like ice cream?"

Violetta still couldn't believe that Leon had asked her that.

But apparently he had, she thought as she looked around the ice cream parlour they were in right now.

After she had played the last note, she had heard him say her name and she had smiled to herself, loving it when her name came out of his lips, before looking up.

And her breath had caught in her chest.

Leon had looked so handsome, a shoulder leant against the doorjamb and both hands in his jeans pockets with his slightly tousled brown hair and his hazel eyes staring right at her, that she had been fascinated.

Still fascinated, he had asked his question. It had taken a little time for her brain to understand the question and then to formulate an answer. And when it had, this was what it had came up with: "What?"

Leon had sighed, straightened and walked to her. "I asked you if you liked ice cream."

Violetta shook her head at her response back then. Had she really just nodded, without saying a word, like an idiot?

Yeah, she had.

But then, it was forgotten when she thought back at Leon's reaction at her answer. He had grinned and said, "Cool."

Now, in the ice cream parlour, as Violetta looked at Leon talking with the man behind the counter, she realised that she would do anything to always see him smiling.