Minerva McGonagall x Reader x Poppy Pomfrey

This part is mainly about the reader and Minerva but I will be doing a second part that follows the reader and Poppy's journey to becoming a couple and the reaction they get from Minerva in return. Also if anyone knows how to add a second picture to the image section can someone please tell me as I can't figure out how to do it.

Also the reader is Albus' twin sister and all characters are the same age.

Y/N's POV

Being friends with and having feelings for Minerva McGonagall was not easy, especially when she was in one of her moods like she was now. We had been sat at the head table watching the new and returning students enjoy the welcome feast while engaging in a nice conversation when suddenly she stopped talking to me and just shrugged me away when I asked her what was wrong. Giving a soft sigh I give up and turn to have a conversation with Poppy while picking at my food until she nearly forced me to eat more with a single pointed look.

When the feast was finished I stood from the table and after giving Poppy a light kiss on the cheek I made my way out of the hall and down to my quarters without looking back. Once safely in my quarters I make my way to my ensuite bathroom and start running myself a bath before moving over to my vanity where I removed my hair from its tight high pony and remove my makeup. By the time that I had finished the bath was ready and I quickly vanished my clothes to the laundry basket before stepping into the warm water. Submerging myself up to my neck I let my body relax in the water until it goes cold and then I reluctantly get out of the tub. Quickly drying myself off I get into some comfy pyjamas before curling up in bed with a book I started reading during the holidays. After reading about five chapters I could feel my eyes start to close and put the book aside in favour of laying down to sleep after muttering a 'nox'.

I was woken again only a few hours later when someone knocked furiously at the door to my quarters and I tiredly dragged myself out of bed to get the damn thing. Opening it still half asleep I don't quite make out who walks in until whoever it was turned on one of the lamps and then I could make out the figure to be Minerva. "What is it you need Minerva? I was asleep." I asked her annoyed as I sat down on the sofa and she sat down beside me before curling into my side.

"I'm sorry for flipping on you at the feast." She said tiredly and I grabbed her hand and dragged her through to the bedroom.

"Get into bed Minerva. We can talk in the morning for now let's just go to sleep." I told her while climbing into bed again, whispering a 'nox' into the living room as she climbed in next to me and curled into me again before she fell asleep with me not far behind her. When I woke up the next morning I smiled lightly as I saw Minerva still curled up into my side asleep and I stroked her hair for a bit. Luckily, it was Saturday which meant we didn't have to worry about being up and ready for classes. It wasn't long before I felt Minerva stir beside me and I stilled my hand as she sat up a bit. Giving her a smile I had to admire how gorgeous she looked. "Good morning."

"Morning." She mumbled as she cuddled back into my side. "How did you sleep?" She asked into my side.

"I slept rather well Minerva." I told her with a smile. I knew that we needed to talk about what happened last night at some point but I didn't want to ruin the moment. There was an easy silence between us before I heard Minerva sigh as she pulled away from me and sat up.

"I'm sorry y/n, I shouldn't have treated you like that at dinner last night. I heard something last night and it made me realise something that scared me." She said not looking at me, instead favouring the red sheets that lined my bed.

"Minerva, you're fine. I can kind of understand what happened." I told her honestly because I sort of did. "Do you want to talk about what you heard and what it made you realise?" She still didn't look at me and so I got out of bed and moved over to my vanity to put some distance between us as well as to brush my hair out.