𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

"Your grace, over here!"

My father carried me in his arms and took my mother's hand before following the man who just called him over.

I don't know what's happening. Everyone's suddenly screaming and running. There's a suffocating black smoke looming over our heads and the temperature suddenly rose.

What's happening?

I squeezed my eyes shut and clung onto my father tightly as he ran with my mother and that other man.

"Duke Zoraida! If you cooperate and follow us quietly, we will leave the duchess and the young lady unharmed!" A rough and scary voice said which made my father stop in his tracks.

With teary eyes, I raised my head from my father's chest and saw a lot of men wearing all black pointing their swords at us.

We're surrounded!

I quickly hid my face back into my father's chest out of fright.

I suddenly heard a slight sob but it wasn't coming from me.

Mother...

I peeked over father's shoulder and saw my mother with tears flowing down her eyes with a hand over her mouth.

And that's when I saw it...

Right behind my mother was the rest of the ship... in flames.

My eyes wandered over to the back of the ship where the fire was bigger. I could clearly see the servants and guards trying to put it out...

But why are they all there?

Don't they know that intruders have infiltrated the ship?

Only this man is protecting us from those black-cladded men...

Was what I thought as my eyes darted towards the man who led my family away from the fire earlier.

He was now holding a sword enveloped in blue flames and fighting those other men.

"Your grace, run back to the others! I'll hold these guys off. The fire should be calming down by now!" The man yelled, his concentration from the fight not wavering.

I could feel my father nodding his head from above me.

"You better come back alive, Ruel." My father said before taking my mother's hand once more and leading us away from the Ruel person and those bad guys.

CREAK!

I looked up and saw something big on fire falling towards us.

WHOOSH!

My father must've panicked because the next thing I knew, I was thrown to the side.

But why am I still falling?

The last thing I saw was father and mother getting crushed by the fire before my vision was suddenly blocked.

SPLASH!

GASP!

I shot up from my bed, my eyes wide and sweat trickling down my forehead.

"Ha..." I exhaled as I burried my head into my hands.

It's that dream again..—no...

"It's that cursed memory..." I mumbled as I lifted my head from my hands.