𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

March... When firefly dandelion fluff starts to dance through the air. Once a year, all around the Clover Kingdom all of the 15 year olds are gathered, and an awarding ceremony is held, where they recieve their own grimiores, which enhance their magical powers.

"Wow! A-are all of these grimiores? Which one is mine?"

"Asta... he can never be quiet can't he?" Nash sighed.

"Leave him be, Nash. He's just excited." Sister Lily said as she patted the boy's shoulder.

"It's unfair. Why am I the one getting nervous when the two who are actually participating in the awarding ceremony looks so unbothered and even excited?" Fele whined as she looked at both Yuno and Asta in worry.

Father Orsi chuckled before patting Fele gently on the back. "There's no need to worry, Fele. I'm sure they'll both do great."

Fele turned to Father Orsi with a blank look on her face, "How in the heavens does one do great in receiving a grimiore?"

"Who stands the coolest before, while, and after receiving their grimoire?" Recca pondered with her pointer finger and thumb supporting her chin.

"I— Yuno wins that one for sure." Fele said, mimicking Recca's actions.

"Yeah." The rest of the children agreed, nodding.

"Pathetic, isn't it? They shouldn't have to give grimoires to dregs like that."

"Hmm?" Fele looked up.

"You said it."

"Don't tell me they're actually planning on taking the Magic Knights' exams, too."

"Only nobles born with immense magical power or ties to the royal family ever get in."

"Besides, I heard that shrimp can't even use magic!"

"Wow... then we need to take good care of him. He's like a national treasure, since he's probably the only one in this whole kingdom who can't use magic."

Nash, who overheard those people bad mouthing Asta and Yuno, clenched his fist and looked down. Fele saw this and patted the boy's head in hopes of comforting him.

'Those pricks!' She thought as her jaw clenched in agitation.

"Fele, are you sure you won't need a grimoire?" Sister Lily asked her.

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't have mana inside me like you do. I only have the ability to borrow it from our surroundings, so a grimoire won't really be of any use to me." Fele explained.

"Welcome, young men and women. You all begin a new journey today. I wish you all faith, hope, and love." A voice rang through the room.

WHOOSH!

Fele looked up just in time to see what looked to be a carpet engulfed in a green glow descending rapidly towards the ground.

"I am the master of this grimiore tower." An elderly man wearing red robes with a matching colored wizard's hat said as he stepped onto the podium.

"We've never had a Wizard King from this area, nor anyone who's actually achieved greatness in the Magic Knights. I sincerely hope that one of you will become the Wizard King someday."

Fele observed the people around her and saw some of them looking confident and determined.

'It looks like a lot of people here really want to be Magic Knights.' She thought.

"No, really! Seriously!"

Fele jumped, startled, her wide eyes immediately darting towards the tower master who looked to be more determined than anyone else about having a well known Magic Kinght come from Hage.

"Ah, seriously..." Fele mumbled to herself as she calmed down.

"Ahem! Now it's time for the awarding... of the grimiores!"

As if on cue, the grimoires started glowing one after the other before finally leaving the bookcases to find their owner.

"Woah..." the kids from the church awed as the brightly colored grimiores flew around.

It was definitely a sight to behold.

"Hah... this makes me want to own a grimiore now." Fele muttered to herself with a smile on her face as she watched the other kids' joy in receiving their grimoires.

"We'll be taking the Magic Knights' entrance exams in six months."

Fele turned as she heard the familiar arrogant voice speak.

"We'll be sure to get in."

"Hmph! Becoming a Magic Knight with an attitude like that? What a joke." Fele mumbled spitefully as she glared in the direction of the two arrogant males.

"Um..." Asta's voice suddenly rang out, catching everyone's, including Fele's, attention.

"My grimoire's not coming." Asta said.

'HUH!?' Fele's eyes widened as she locked eyes with Sister Lily before turning to look at Asta once again.

"Er..." Fele turned to the tower master hopefully as he spoke.

"...try again next year."

"What?!" Asta yelled, dumbfounded.

'What kind of master of the grimoire tower are you!?' Fele thought, outraged.

"Pfft..."

Fele turned towards where the sound came from in disbelief. Though, he didn't seem to be the end of it as the others started laughing as well.

"What the heck?!"

"That's actually amazing!"

'That's way too funny!"

'These pricks!' Fele thought as a tick mark appeared on her head.

"Seriously?" She suddenly heard Nash say.

"I can't believe it." Sister Lily said.

'I can't believe it either...' Fele thought as her anger towards the other kids was replaced by worry for Asta.

A bright light suddenly appeared from beside Asta, taking away Fele's attention. Her eyes widened as she saw that it was a grimiore. Her eyes then darted towards where it's headed.

'Yuno..?' Fele's eyes couldn't have gotten any wider in that moment as she watched the mesmerizing blinding light hover in front of her friend.

"A four-leaf clover..."

The four leaves on the grimoire's front cover reflected onto Fele's clear blue eyes as she watched in awe.

"The one that the first Wizard King received?" Father Orsi said in astonishment.

"The grimoire said to be filled with immense power and good luck?" Sister Lily added.

"Yuno..." Fele mumbled as she watched her friend being basked in the golden light.

The four-leaf grimoire plopped into Yuno's hands before he suddenly faced everyone and declared,

"I'm going to become the Wizard King."