-1-

I don't think i've ever met anyone quite like myself before. Yes, I've met people close, very close in fact, but never quite like me, and honestly, i'm quite glad. You see I am one of the most narcissistic, self-destructive, drug-abusing, heartless people I've ever met (and no, i don't take pride in it) ; i will never and could never take pride in it. However, i don't make the effort and take the time out of my day to try and hide it, as I have come to accept that this is who I am. Everyone always turns the other way and pretends that i don't exist, but i'd rather that then them pretending to like me and then departing when they've had enough. i don't tend to try and make friends, they only disappoint me with their stupid views on life. i don't see why everyone has the need to plan everything ahead and insist on telling everyone about it. Why do i need to know about your day when i clearly don't care?

I'm turning 17 next week and quite honestly, I'm not too bothered. I've always hated my birthday and i never intend to like it in the future. So, as i return to my flat and see an envelope with my parents handwriting on it, i'm not too pleased as i've tried everything in my power to block the memory of my birthday out. I slowly open it to see a card, a birthday card. It reads "Happy Birthday, Y/N Holmes. It will either be early or late so please don't be offended by either. Love you x P.S please visit soon". I throw the card in the bin and go to sit on my sofa. I moved out about a year ago so i didn't have to listen to their wretched conversations and rather pointless attempts at family time.

I'm almost asleep on my sofa, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to get up, when there's a rather loud knocking on my door. I groan and get up to answer it. A man in a police uniform is stood at my door holding a notice. Highly confused, I take the note from his hands and begin to read.
"Y/N Holmes is to be evicted from this household for these reasons: unpaid rent, two months; substance abuse; neighbour complaints, late night loud music etc.; disturbance to public; spiteful behaviour to neighbours. Must be gone within the next 24 hours, if not, the police will take you to the station and you will have to go to court."
I can't say as i'm really surprised, i mean all of those things on the list are true. All of my money goes to drugs, so i can't pay the rent, and i just hate society and everything in it. I hadn't planned to do this for a while, but I guess I'm going to have to. I picked up the phone and rang my parents.

It rang for a little bit until i heard someone answer.
"Sweetie! You rang!"
Great, it's my mum. Of course it had to be the one I hate most.
"Hi mum. I need to ask you something"
"Yes Sweetie of course, but first tell me how college is."
"Yeah, yeah it's fine," I haven't been in 3 weeks.
"Well that's a lie, you do know that I'm the emergency contact number for you right? I know your grades, your attendance, god I even know what you buy for lunch! Why aren't you going?"
"I've just been working on my art project at home, it's easier for me to get it finished there. It's almost done and when it is I promise I'll go back in," lying through my teeth.
"Okay sweetie, as long as you make sure to go back in when it's done. Anyway, what did you want to ask me?"
"Well, the rent of my flat has just gone up by £300 and there's no way I can pay for that,"another lie ,"so I was wondering if you know anywhere I could stay for a bit, close to college?"
"Oh sweetie, let me have a think."
Inside, i'm just praying that she doesn't even attempt to try and get me to move back home. Then she'll know of everything that I do. I won't be able to cover it up.
"Well, I know you won't want to move back home because then you'd have to drop out. So, the only place I can think of is 22.."
Oh god no.
"..1B Baker Street. You know, the flat above Sherlock. I'll have to phone him and have a word but you know him, he always answers immediately. I'll give him a ring, if this is okay with you, of course?"

No. "Yeah, thank you," I say, fake smiling through the phone. I love my brother with all my heart, we care for each other, but now he'll find out. I mean, I have managed to hide it for so long, a year, so now i'll just have to make precautions. It won't be that hard.