16

-Sherlock's POV-

"FOR CHRISTS SAKES JOHN HOW COULD YOU BE SO INCOMPETENT!?"

"Sherlock listen-"

"No, save it. Get out. Leave. I need some space."

"Sherlock it's just-"

"NO! Out, now."

"I'm not going to leave just because you lost a game of Cluedo. Look, the victim can't be the murder! It's in the rules."

"Well then the rules are wrong."

John just sighs as we hear the front door.
She comes through the front door with a large canvas with a piece of cloth draped over the top.

"Good afternoon Y/N. How was it today?"

"Uhm, yeah it was fine. Met an old friend."

"Oh, who?"

"Sage."

I haven't heard that name for years. I forgot she even existed.
"Oh, did you talk much?"

"As if I'd want to talk to a spoilt brat like her," she states whilst rolling her eyes.

"Well, I can't disagree with you there. Can I see the painting you did today?" I say whilst looking down at the hidden artwork.

"No, it's not good. I'll probably just redo it another time. I'm a bit out of practice."

"Okay then," I say with a smile as she drops it down in the kitchen, along with her bag, and goes to her room.

I immediately get up and head to the painting.

"Sherlock, it might be best if we don't look at it. She clearly didn't want us to see it."

"Well then, we can offer some constructive criticism."

I lift up the painting, expecting to see something messy and incomplete. However, it was completely the opposite. A beautiful scene with vibrant colours dotted across the canvas. I take it over to John so he can see.

"Oh wow," he mutters quietly whilst observing the skills of my little sister.

"Y/N! This is beautiful! You have a real talent!" I shout across the flat. I soon hear her door opening and her quickly walking to the living room.

"I told you not to look at it, it's shit."

"It's a work of art, that's what it is," John remarks from his seat.

"Bullshit."

"Okay, Y/N, have a seat."

-Y/N's POV-

I take a seat and just look towards Sherlock and John.

"So, we need to talk about you staying in this house. Of course, you're not moving back. However, we do need to talk about some things. Number one, the constant swearing. Now, I know it's sort of engraved into your vocabulary but if we could just tone it down a bit that would be great."

"Okay, sure."

"Number two, the noise whilst we're trying to sleep or doing work. I don't mind loud music and your TV being loud during the day, but try and be considerate that we're trying to sleep."

"Okay, chill."

"Last one, number three. Me and John both think that you would benefit from being up early in the morning and going to sleep earlier as well. So, we're going to be turning the WiFi off at 10pm s-"

"This is such bullshit!" I shout, startling both Sherlock and John.

"Now Y/N, remember number one."

"Fuck your stupid rules. Why can't I just stay up! It's not hurting anyone."

"It may be affecting your mental health even more so please just listen," Sherlock says, trying to keep me calm.

"How many times do I have to tell you? There is nothing wrong with me, I'm perfectly fine just the way I am. I don't need these stupid rules to help me with whatever you think I have," is he being serious right now? I'm not 5 anymore. I'm literally 17 tomorrow.

"Y/N, please sit down. You've been doing so well so far," John says whilst looking up at me with pleading eyes. I hadn't even realised that I had gotten up.

I huff and sit back down, trying to keep control of my breathing. As long as no one talks, we should be fine.

"Y/N," and Sherlock's fucked it once again, "The fact that you're getting mad over something a 10 year old would be upset about us showing signs of anger issues, which also link to depression."

"You're just making shit up now," I snap at him.

"Y/N, enough with the swearing," he warns me.

"What are you going to do? Fucking pick me and put me to bed. Awww, well guess what? Suck. My. Dick."

"Y/N! It's enough now!" he shouts and I just look back at him.

"Aww, is poor little Sherlock not getting his own way. What a fucking shame."

"I've had enough of whatever it is you're doing! Me and John are just trying to help but you won't just sit down and listen to what we have to say for two seconds without making some sarcastic remark or swear! Just shut up and let us speak!"

"Okay," I say whilst putting my hands up jokingly. "I'm listening."

Sherlock sighs and looks a bit cautious before continuing,"As I was saying, we-"

"Okay, fuck that. I'm bored," I say whilst getting up off the chair and putting on my shoes.

"And where do you think you're going? It's 11:30pm."

I turn to face John and simply tell him to fuck off before leaving.

I know exactly where I'm going. The place I know where there's always a party every Friday and that I have at least one friend, no, acquaintance there.

Sage's house.